DronePhone Map Client Demo

Reaction score
As I've said here before, I'm developing a DronePhone Tracker application that turns a Windows Phone 8 device like the inexpensive ($120) Nokia 521 phone into a drone tracker where you can follow a flight on a map in real-time. The Nokia also has a great video camera that has taken many of the videos on my YouTube channel.

The DronePhone project is now at the prototype stage, and I have a simple Tracker app for the phone, a server that receives position updates from any number of simultaneous drones, and a DronePhone Map Client application that connects to the server and displays position updates from the drone on a Bing map.

An emulator image of the simple DronePhone tracker app can be seen here.
9765711743_c0465602a2_z.jpg

This application runs in the background on the phone and allows you to simultaneously record video with the on-board camera while it reports position information to the server.

Notice that the SessionID entered into the Tracker app is the same as the TrackerID entered into the DronePhone Map Client, which can be seen in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfGaolz6RqM

Note that as soon as we enter the TrackerID into the Map Client and press the "Connect" button, the map changes to the location of the drone and follows the flight until its conclusion.

I would be interested in any feedback on this project. Flight testing starts next week. These applications are only prototypes, but do show the system does work. More robust versions of these applications should be available shortly.

This morning, I moved the DronePhone server onto the Amazon EC2 cloud, and put the Tracker client on a real phone.

My only issue is your use of the word "Drone".
We are all funneling into a fight in an attempt to separate ourselves from the whole "Drone" nomenclature, these are not drones in the understood sense, these are traditional remote control aircraft, the same as Planes & Helicopters. You call drone and the morons all come running out with pitchforks....
It's about time we started using our heads.

Priority is for an Android version of the Tracker program, then maybe a Mac or web version of the Map Client.

Today was the very first flight of the DronePhone GPS tracking system. Below is the screenshot of the very first actual flight track:

9809214835_e076b9166a_z.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj