dronepan software

Reaction score
Okay one thing is to take the pictures with the app that`s okay, BUT
can someone please tell me what software to use to make this a 360 degree panorama.
I have been trying the PTGui and that was straight foreward, but you get the watermarks on the
pictures on the free version. I don`t want to buy it, it`s excpensive.

I downloaded the Hungin, but it dosen`t get as good as PTGui.

Can someone please give me step by step settings for Hungin OR recommend another program.

I`m about to throw the computer on the ground!!

Thanks

I want something free...
Yes it works. Beta version.

This is my first from today:
Panorama P3P Oslo, Norway
You get what you pay for. You want PTGui functionality, but yet you don't want to pay for it. None of the free options offer the same feature set. I know. I tried them all first. PTGui and PanoramaStudio Pro are each about $100. If you go with the free ICE, you have to first register with Microsoft and are stuck with their hosting and their interface, and a complete loss of functionality on any iOS device, as the free app no longer exists in the App Store. The URL will be roughly 100 characters long. You can shorten it with bit.ly but it is only usable on a desktop. If you want to share your wonderful spherical panoramas, so they can also be enjoyed from any mobile device (which is where 90% of viewing will be done from), the $100 watermark free versions are well worth the rich feature set. YMMV. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: pdw
If you have a google account and are happy to share you images from google photos, google+ or google maps etc you can create a .jpg file using your favourite application such as Lightroom, Photoshop or I just tried it with Microsoft ICE. Once exported you can upload the file to Contribute – Street View – Google Maps which will allow you to set the metadata for the number of degrees on the X and Y axis before allowing you to download a version with that data embeded.

From there upload to google photos, share and of you go.

p.s. the image you upload is not automatically shared, you have to download the panoramic version and them upload to whatever google sharing platform you want.

Last edited:
I just tried ISO dronepan pictures of my neighborhood as a test. I used the stitching program MS (ICE) which is free. So far I have not had much success until I exported to Photosynk. Then I got a great 360 view.

Photosynk is not very user friendly. The link to your 360 picture is long.

Here is mine. If anyone figures out how to make ICE work outside of Photosynk, please let me know.

Vista CT - Photosynth

I just tried ISO dronepan pictures of my neighborhood as a test. I used the stitching program MS (ICE) which is free. So far I have not had much success until I exported to Photosynk. Then I got a great 360 view.

Photosynk is not very user friendly. The link to your 360 picture is long.

Here is mine. If anyone figures out how to make ICE work outside of Photosynk, please let me know.

Vista CT - Photosynth
It's Photosynth, not Photosynk, but the images created with ICE can only be viewed with Photosynth, and Microsoft withdrew the Photosynth app from the App Store on iOS, so any Photosynth image is stuck in the Safari viewer on an iPad which has no control over the horizon. It slides all over the place! Looks pretty good on a desktop, though. You can shorten the 100 character URL with bit.ly Just enter it into the bit.ly website and get a short replacement.:cool:

That being said, your spherical panorama scrolls around just fine on my iPad. Mine don't. :confused:

Pay some money.... save yourself some time....
Indeed! Being able to host the resulting files on your own website gives you full control. Photosynth is being discontinued, and is used as a carrot to lure you into signing up for a Microsoft email account.

Sorry for the spelling error. I was in a hurry, did the hole thing in less than an hour including the filming. This was just a test for me. I will try the google approach. Thanks.

Sorry for the spelling error. I was in a hurry, did the hole thing in less than an hour including the filming. This was just a test for me. I will try the google approach. Thanks.
Didn't mean to give you a hard time about the spelling, but with so many similar sounding programs, I wanted to eliminate any confusion. The beauty of these creations, as you discovered, is they are really easy to create, and only limited by your imagination to find a great location to shoot them, and your pocketbook for eliminating the watermarks on the paid versions that make life easier!

By definition, though, you are then giving up all rights to your creation, as you are "contributing" (donating) it to Google Maps, where you cannot limit access to it, or can you?

You can upload to google photos where you can limit access. Plus with a large share of people using Google devices these days there would be plenty of options. I use Google Photos for pretty much everything and then share privately to facebook etc.

In terms of giving up rights to your creation then pretty much any sharing platform apart from your own would have various T&Cs allowing the site owner certain rights e.g facebook, flickr, even this forum possibly.

Plus even on your own site you are not protecting the image from theft.

If you want to get serious about image theft and detection you'd need to copyright and use somethig like Digimarc in Photoshop Digimarc Guardian for Images Adobe Photoshop Plug-In

You can upload to google photos where you can limit access. Plus with a large share of people using Google devices these days there would be plenty of options. I use Google Photos for pretty much everything and then share privately to facebook etc.

In terms of giving up rights to your creation then pretty much any sharing platform apart from your own would have various T&Cs allowing the site owner certain rights e.g facebook, flickr, even this forum possibly.

Plus even on your own site you are not protecting the image from theft.

If you want to get serious about image theft and detection you'd need to copyright and use somethig like Digimarc in Photoshop Digimarc Guardian for Images Adobe Photoshop Plug-In
Thanks for the clarification. I'll look into the Google Photos hosting option. In many cases, these spherical panoramas are personal to the user (the view above their house) that they might not want shared publicly on the internet to casual viewers of Google Maps. I often make them for friends when I visit, as a gift to my host, but wouldn't want their privacy invaded by my publicly posting them. Lots of stuff you can see in them that their neighbors might not know about!:cool:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before or the app does it already. But I would really like for the app to either add meta data to the files to denote sequence number e.g. 1 of 20 or for the app to record the file names post shot and allow those to be viewed on the iPad or iPhone later. Its not a major issue as the last shots can be identified as they face down and you can work backwards but it would still be a nice to have.

Used the app at a beach on the weekend and really enjoyed it. Still more for 3-4 frame shots but learnt some lessons about where not to position the craft over a featureless environment like calm water or avoiding having a line of breaking waves under the craft as it make stitching difficult.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31