DronePan Beta Testing - Sign Up Here

Ask and you shall receive. Dominec (sp?) started a spherical panorama thread about a month ago, and shared results, and requested an app to automate the process! Well done!:cool:

Reactions: pdw
Reactions: pdw
It took 2 first pictures and then this message occurs.It continue panning though.I stopped it manual.It was windy too :p

Hey can someone please answer a pretty noob question. When your done using it and want to go back to the DJI go app what is the procedure. I tried it twice and can not find how. Double tapping the round button on iPad Air 2to return discontented. I must be missing something.
Thanks so much.

Just task switch back to DJI GO, which is still running in the background. If it crashes, relaunch it.

I believe there is an occasional issue with returning to DJI Go after using a third party app with DJI Go disconnecting. It's been a while since I have tried, but I think you can just restart DJI Go and it will (hopefully) reconnect.

The developer appears to have abandoned the Dronepan app and is no longer supporting it on this forum...his last post was over a month ago...

You are partially correct that the developer is not supporting it through this forum, but there is an active Facebook community page Log into Facebook | Facebook
The app was updated on the iTunes app store on October 28, so I wouldn't say he abandoned the app.
DronePan by Dennis Baldwin
DronePan on the App Store
Thank you. That the October 28 update now supports the P3P is good news! You sure wouldn't know it from the developer here, and he sent out no announcement to Beta testers that I received. Having just downloaded it, it does now have an aircraft selection menu upon launch. The App Store narrative description of the Dronepan app, however, still only refers to the Inspire support. The developer apparently neglected to update the Dronepan app narrative, which still makes no mention of the P3P. Abandoning this forum for Facebook was a fool's folly. There are over 36,000 P3P owners here. I don't do Facebook and never will. Among P3P owners, I am sure I am not alone in having no interest in Facebook. Apparently, he couldn't handle the valuable feedback on his Beta efforts here and walked away. Sad. Many of us have been successfully creating spherical panoramas manually for years, and offered him all the support he needed to guarantee success a month ago. :rolleyes: Letting us know he finally got it right, after several missteps, if he did, would have been the least he could have done. I'll test it tomorrow and report back.

Last edited:
Tested the latest App Store version of Dronepan Monday evening. I created two spherical panoramas with it, which were complete, but the first was only 19 images because I started the Dronepan play button before switching into F Mode ( it needs an onscreen reminder before pressing the play button, instead of an error message after, as previously suggested). The second was 21 images. Both had enough overlap to cover the scene. However, after the first Dronepan was completed, when I task switched back to DJI GO, it remained "Unconnected" and I had to unplug and replug the Lightning cable from the iPad Air 2 to restore the conection. After the second Dronepan, which was properly initiated by switching to F Mode before pressing the play button, I was able to successfully task switch back to DJI GO and stayed connected. This is why onscreen instructions need to precede access to the Play button of Dronepan, instead of error messages after the unknown proper sequence is not followed. :rolleyes:

That is awesome! We put together a good tutorial for working with the sky:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I fill in sky in PhotoShop with "Edit/Fill/Content-Aware" and do any little touch-up afterwards.

I tried the Beta with my P3A. Pretty pleased so far! However, I'm having an issue when I run the images through PTGui. You can see in my photo here that there is a "slice" missing. This happens in PTGui and Auto Pano. Is there anything I can do in the software to eliminate this? (I know it's not the most interesting image...just trying it out for now.)

I have this missing slice issue too
Calm day 5mph winds

Any missing slices are caused by too few images being taken, not allowing for enough overlap. The current version of DronePan allows you to select how many images are taken per 360° elevation (horizontal and 60° below horizontal). Just increase the number to get full coverage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31