DronePan Beta Testing - Sign Up Here

Tested today with my P3A.It worked fine but my knowledge in photos is very poor.This picture is all i could make off it using Kolor Autopano Giga 3.7.(actual size is near 55mb).How can i make it spherical panorama?pano2vr can make the trick but it always crashes on me(i have beta version)

Attachments

• [Group 0]-DJI_0045_DJI_0065-21 images_0000.preview.jpg
    [Group 0]-DJI_0045_DJI_0065-21 images_0000.preview.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 374
Tested today with my P3A.It worked fine but my knowledge in photos is very poor.This picture is all i could make off it using Kolor Autopano Giga 3.7.(actual size is near 55mb).How can i make it spherical panorama?pano2vr can make the trick but it always crashes on me(i have beta version)
I can make it a spherical for you and post it to the DronePan servers so that you have a link you can share, email me a dropbox link at pw [at] unmannedairlines . com

I just signed up. Can't wait to try! What's the ETA on your App Store release. I don't say this about many apps but this looks like one that I will gladly pay for...so simple.
Thanks for the positive words! I imagine we'll be in the app store in a couple of weeks.

I just upgraded to 9.01 a couple days ago and so I installed the app to try it out. I was having some intermittent problems with the DJI app losing the signal, but I did try the dronepan out briefly. Each time I tried it, the camera would quickly go to point straight down, and then go back up to point straight out, and then say that it couldn't set the camera correctly and go back to the standby state.

I got nervous about the DJI app not working correctly, so I'm downgrading to 8.4.1 and won't be able to test again until they get those bugs fixed.

I'm using an iPhone 6 and had ios 9.01 installed, with the latest DJI app and drone and RC firmware. Hope all that helps.

- Bob

I just upgraded to 9.01 a couple days ago and so I installed the app to try it out. I was having some intermittent problems with the DJI app losing the signal, but I did try the dronepan out briefly. Each time I tried it, the camera would quickly go to point straight down, and then go back up to point straight out, and then say that it couldn't set the camera correctly and go back to the standby state.

I got nervous about the DJI app not working correctly, so I'm downgrading to 8.4.1 and won't be able to test again until they get those bugs fixed.

I'm using an iPhone 6 and had ios 9.01 installed, with the latest DJI app and drone and RC firmware. Hope all that helps.

- Bob
I had same issue at first try.Then when switching frof dji go app to dronepan i noticed that dji app was asking for my permission to use multiple apps.I pressed yes(or something like that) and worked fine.Maybe that is the issue with you too

I tried the Beta with my P3A. Pretty pleased so far! However, I'm having an issue when I run the images through PTGui. You can see in my photo here that there is a "slice" missing. This happens in PTGui and Auto Pano. Is there anything I can do in the software to eliminate this? (I know it's not the most interesting image...just trying it out for now.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 5.34.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 5.34.47 PM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 461
I tried the Beta with my P3A. Pretty pleased so far! However, I'm having an issue when I run the images through PTGui. You can see in my photo here that there is a "slice" missing. This happens in PTGui and Auto Pano. Is there anything I can do in the software to eliminate this? (I know it's not the most interesting image...just trying it out for now.)
Thank you for sharing! Great to hear that on a basic level DronePan works with P3A. Regarding the missing slice, there could be a few things going on here: 1) was it a windy day? that can mess up overlap. 2) at what elevation did you shoot? from what I understand you need to be at least 120-150 feet elev to avoid potential distortion issues.

- Bob
Thanks for the feedback Bob. Yea we've heard about a variety of GO issues related to ios 9, so we're recommending users remain on 8.4 until they get it sorted out.

Good question. We've only been testing on P3 Pro, and would love to hear feedback from anybody who wants to test on P3A or P3S!

I tested this afternoon on my P3A, very impressed. It was pretty windy at 20 mph so I did two flights at 100 ft and 175 ft before running through PTGui. The 100 ft flight turned out great but the 175 seemed to miss a photo. Likely the result of the wind. Nonetheless, the p3a didn't seem to have an issue.

Reactions: pdw
I tested this afternoon on my P3A, very impressed. It was pretty windy at 20 mph so I did two flights at 100 ft and 175 ft before running through PTGui. The 100 ft flight turned out great but the 175 seemed to miss a photo. Likely the result of the wind. Nonetheless, the p3a didn't seem to have an issue.
that is great feedback, thank you for sharing!

DronePan works greate on my P3 Pro at the latest iOS DJI Go app v2.2.0 and the Phantom 3 Professional at Firmware v1.4.0010

Note: since this latest DJI update, I loose the video feed but whit the DronePan app, no loss of video. Maybe you can help DJI fix there video down link problem that several other users have already reported. Hope DJI addresses this video issue, But again, your app is clean and never lost the video down link.

Next, I stitched my shots and with PTGui and WOW, looks great!

Nice work, thanks for allowing me to test out your DronePan app!

Best regards,

Reactions: pdw
that is great feedback, thank you for sharing!
I tested your app today, as well on my p3a seemed to work well. Very Pleased! Here is the end result.

I used Image Composite Editor, its free...

Attachments

• DJI_0096_stitch.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 484

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20