DroneMods Tracker

Reaction score
45.141598 -92.631683 Somewhere on the Apple River
I strapped my DroneMods tracker on my P2 about 2 1/2 weeks ago and did some testing with it in flight. Worked perfectly. Thought I'd turned it off, but apparently not. This afternoon, I've been getting texts and emails from it complaining about a low battery. I called the number and it showed it in my shop at home, exactly where it's supposed to be. I'll charge it up when I get home.
Pretty impressive. If I had "lost" my P2 a couple of weeks ago, it would have been reporting it's location, on demand for all this time. I'm impressed.

I also have the Drone Mods tracker. Here are some things I have found out about it. First, I do like it. When I first got it, it would send emails to me if I powered on...powered off..and if I pressed the SOS button. It stopped sending the emails. It's not the trackers fault but a fault of the system that sends the emails. I called the company and explained I wasn't getting these emails. He checked and said the system was sending them and didn't know why I wasn't getting them. It always works if I call it. So now, when I receive the text to my cell phone, I can just forward the text to my email. Works fine. I've noticed something else...again not a fault of the tracker as I am thinking. When I call the tracker, I may get a text back within a minute or less. Sometimes it might be as long as 10 minutes but not often. I guess when you call the number, it sends a command to find your tracker, get the coordinates, relay them back to system and your phone finally gets the text. There may be times of the day when the system is overburdened. If I call my tracker, and start driving away and don't get a text in short time...when I do get the text, it may show coordinates of me somewhere along my route but not where I called it from. I have learned to understand this. This won't really be an issue when affixed to a lost quad for it will be sitting in one spot long enough for you to get the text and have an accurate position. The accuracy can change from minute to minute depending on which satellites are being used to determine its position. That's just life. People that claim they can get within a few feet are just lucky or wrong. Even my $400 GARMIN handheld will change its accuracy throughout the day. Too many variables working. What I like to do is after getting the text with coordinates, I can enter them into the Garmin and use that to direct me to the tracker.I think I would rather use my Garmin gps rather than my phone to guide me. I test this thing daily and these are my findings.

TK102B owner here. No real problems so far... but I am really liking this unit and thinking about switching.. although the TK102B is wayy cheaper... hmmm

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl