Dronegate - Sets off Terror Alert

Ok, all issues about potential bad PR for the hobby aside...

I've only watched the first 5 min of the video, but it's awesome, and I've been laughing my butt off...lots of epic moments so far:

- Phantom's first uncontrolled pass THROUGH the bridge, hitting NOTHING!
- Security guard idly watching the crippled bird circle around for another drunken pass
- Phantom bouncing off the iron bridge supports not once but TWICE before a 3rd attempt to RTH ends in a crash.
- Blocked train coming to a stop just inside gopro's field of view
- Train conductor's totally nonchalant Aussie-chilled demeanor about it. Only AFTER he'd picked up the Phantom and put it in the cab with him and started the train again, did he finally radio dispatch to say "It's got a red blinking light on it, wonder if it's a bomb..?" :lol:

I gotta dry the tears from my eyes before I watch the 2nd half LOL. Editing/post is also great, simple but fits perfectly.

Youtube is blocked at my work-place. Bookmarking this for later viewing. Sounds friggin' hysterical.

Edit: Jeez...what a bunch of fat bastards at the end of the video. I hope the owner got his Phantom and GoPro back. I assume that's how the video got posted, but nothing on Youtube indicates that one way or another.

PF

Quite laughable the way it was reported in the media when you can clearly see from those involved that even though they didn't know what it was they weren't too concerned and seemed to understand it was a toy someone lost control of and nothing to do with terrorism or a threat to the precious royalty. They seem to care little about all the cars that drove by or the train that may have caused some injury or damage but on a visit from Harry who is obviously much more important then everyone else and so this was a threat to him according to the media just not the everyday bridge users that may have had an accident who were actually put at some risk.

The flying was pretty stupid at best and the guy was lucky not to cause an accident on the bridge, the end of the video does say he got it back from the reasonable NSW police so good on them. I think he should be fined for endangering others and had it been a worse outcome then he would be liable for whatever damages/injuries he caused. The media jumping on the terrorism BS which they so love to promote, does that make them the main terrorists as they promote fear by manipulating all events trying to scare people. When if they simply did their job and did some investigative journalism speaking to anyone directly involved they would see it has nothing at all to do with the stories they printed.

I love the train driver so concerned when he says, its still flashing red I wonder if its a bomb, well after putting it inside his train and casually driving off already. Then the guy that reads out the camera as being a T A R O T camera with maybe just one lens topped off with a nice wave to the camera from the other guy realizing he will be on yt or the news some day :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj