Dronefly vs. DJI repair

Reaction score
I've crashed my P3P three time now. The first I misjudged the distance to a tree. It came tumbling down, breaking the props. Replaced the props, flew fine after that. The second was wind related, a gust caught it and blew it into a tree. Tumbled over 75 ft and landed in the soft ground. Landing gear was pulled from the shell, the gimbal seemed out of whack, more broekn props. I was able to reattach the landing gear, and a simple gimbal calibration fixed that issue, and of course new props. Then, I lost LOS and the thing hit another tree. (Note to self - ALWAYS keep LOS). Now the camera has fallen off the gimbal yaw arm and I have no signal from the camera to my DJI Go app. I have opened a repair ticket with DJI and I'm awaiting an RMA to return it. I'm wondering if Dronefly is any better or worse than DJI for repairs?
Anybody have any experiences about either they care to share?

I've crashed my P3P three time now. The first I misjudged the distance to a tree. It came tumbling down, breaking the props. Replaced the props, flew fine after that. The second was wind related, a gust caught it and blew it into a tree. Tumbled over 75 ft and landed in the soft ground. Landing gear was pulled from the shell, the gimbal seemed out of whack, more broekn props. I was able to reattach the landing gear, and a simple gimbal calibration fixed that issue, and of course new props. Then, I lost LOS and the thing hit another tree. (Note to self - ALWAYS keep LOS). Now the camera has fallen off the gimbal yaw arm and I have no signal from the camera to my DJI Go app. I have opened a repair ticket with DJI and I'm awaiting an RMA to return it. I'm wondering if Dronefly is any better or worse than DJI for repairs?
Anybody have any experiences about either they care to share?

Do you have pictures of the damage? You can just repair the gimbal by replacing the yaw arm + ribbon cable.

DJI Phantom 3 Gimbal Yaw Arm Replacement - Aluminum CNC, Includes Ribbon Cable + Set Screw (Pro/Adv/4K)

590a65ce3b520cf89d611ecf14b41e8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ouch, you should be able to stick the motor back into the shaft though, you may not need new parts!

If I stick the motor back on the shaft, is there an alignment or something to do? and what keeps it on the shaft? I still don't have any view thru the camera. Could it be just a loose connection?

If I stick the motor back on the shaft, is there an alignment or something to do? and what keeps it on the shaft? I still don't have any view thru the camera. Could it be just a loose connection?
Take a look at this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can just get some glue to stick it on, superglue works well, dont get it into the motor itself!

As for the image, try re-installing the cable or getting a brand new cable!

Cheers

Had a crash. Had somewhat the same damage as you Lefty, plus a ripped out antenna wire on a leg as well as a cracked leg. Called DJI and explained it was my fault but told them the gimbal arm should of never sheared, even in a hard landing. DJI rep was very helpful and sent me return RMA label via FEDEX with detailed instructions on how to pack. Sent it off and a few days got detailed invoice for repair. I was really overwhelmed but the cost, including replacing components that I didn't know were damaged, along with free shipping! Gladly paid the $159.00.Got the Phantom back about a week later.
With that said you might want to go this route with DJI. Just be tactful and respectful!
I have attached my invoice from DJI to show you all!
hub044.jpg

Reactions: MC_
Thanks Gunny. It went to DJI on Tuesday, same method as you just described. Waiting to hear back from them on what the cost will be.

DJI repaired my P2V+ and P3P this last time was $44 for both shells replaced. Repair in a day, two weeks in shipping to Cali and back.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks Gunny. It went to DJI on Tuesday, same method as you just described. Waiting to hear back from them on what the cost will be.
No problem brother. However, did you send to California?

I was experiencing weak signal and total signal loss between controller and aircraft (p3s) at random ranges from as little as 10 ft. Called DJI and within a matter of 45 minutes I had a return shipping label in my inbox. Sent it out and tracked it till they received it. The next day I received an email saying they have received it and also a repair tracking number. I tracked it throughout the whole repair process (which turned out to be free of charge! Nice!) and then received another tracking number for the return of my repaired unit. I can say my experience with DJI repair is nothing but positive! BTW they had to replace my controller. No questions asked.

Reactions: GunnyPapa
Follow-up: Looks like they upgraded me to the newer controller, Thank-you DJI. !.!.!.

Reactions: Lefty63
Thanks for the likes Gunny and Lefty63, as with others I'm learning this Hobby too.
Straight talk will keep us on track, produce a positive flying experience. THX

Wow after reading the first post I did not expect a happy ending to this thread, but I'm glad to hear it worked out for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen