dronefly update !!!

Elginet said:
Dronefly is horrible. They know nothing in the field of Customer Service. If you're looking to save a buck, this is not the product, nor the dealer to go to. You WILL need customer support and they just are not capable.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. If you crashed it, don't blame them. Its not like they build them. You fly at your own risk. Im sick of hearing people complain. Dronefly has always been really great to work with, and they have pretty good customer service. They seem to be the only place in America that will fix these things! Why don't you give B&H a call and ask them for help? If your going to complain about the only company in america that will service your phantom, don't buy one at all. Its people like you who complain and ruin the reputation of great companies.

rcphoto said:
Elginet said:
Dronefly is horrible. They know nothing in the field of Customer Service. If you're looking to save a buck, this is not the product, nor the dealer to go to. You WILL need customer support and they just are not capable.

If your going to complain about the only company in america that will service your phantom, don't buy one at all. Its people like you who complain and ruin the reputation of great companies.

They're not the only company in America who will service your P2V. Dronefly has a **** record. Call the BBB, or the California AG's Consumer Fraud department.

I wouldn't let them fix a set of rubber landing pads on my P2V. :lol:

Elginet said:
rcphoto said:
Elginet said:

If your going to complain about the only company in america that will service your phantom, don't buy one at all. Its people like you who complain and ruin the reputation of great companies.

They're not the only company in America who will service your P2V. Dronefly has a **** record. Call the BBB, or the California AG's Consumer Fraud department.

I wouldn't let them fix a set of rubber landing pads on my P2V. :lol:

Dronefly has fixed numerous things for me, and my other friends who fly. If you have a problem with them, call them. They will help you. You sound like you haven't really felt with them. Or maybe you had one bad call... But if I were a company, and you trash talked me like you are to them, I wouldn't help you either. You need to learn that not everyone should have to cater to your bull. You are probably one out of thousands that they sell or service, and most people don't complain.

[/quote]

Dronefly has fixed numerous things for me, and my other friends who fly. If you have a problem with them, call them. They will help you. You sound like you haven't really felt with them. Or maybe you had one bad call... But if I were a company, and you trash talked me like you are to them, I wouldn't help you either. You need to learn that not everyone should have to cater to your bull. You are probably one out of thousands that they sell or service, and most people don't complain.[/quote]

My Phantom 1 arrives there Today, for four engine replacements, with Bullet Connectors on all the connections. I will say, that so far, in talking with them on the phone(they actually answer!!), that they seem pretty knowledgeable.

I will report back when I have received the Phantom back, as to what my experience was with them.

I have high expectations.

Mav456 said:
Drone fly is some bs company some kid has started out of his garage. I preordered a p2v and it was a dud went through weeks of hell to get a replacement had to go to DJI. Even after DJI oked a replacement Dronefly gave me bs. Than after weeks of no phantom and my money gone Dronefly sent me a second dud. This time I waited weeks after DJI got involved to get me a replacement so don't tell me Dronefly is a good company there a bunch of sht bag kids. Shop at BH Photo great easy return policy no hassles.

I've talked to the owner. He is actually really cool. I've walked into the office before since I live close, and he was running around working just as hard as the other guys. They are doing pretty good for a start up company still in there first year. Why don't you just cut me some slack, alright? You've got your p2V, so just go out and fly it, and stop complaining.

[/quote]

My Phantom 1 arrives there Today, for four engine replacements, with Bullet Connectors on all the connections. I will say, that so far, in talking with them on the phone(they actually answer!!), that they seem pretty knowledgeable.

I will report back when I have received the Phantom back, as to what my experience was with them.

I have high expectations.[/quote]

Just wondering, why do you have billet connectors on yours? It seems like that would give you a worse connection than just soldering them on to your esc...

I have high expectations.

Just wondering, why do you have billet connectors on yours? It seems like that would give you a worse connection than just soldering them on to your esc..
Because it will make changing out engines a little quicker in the field. I don't want anyone touching my ESC..it's fine.
So this is just one solution. I realize new engines don't come with bullet connectors. But, this is the solution I chose.

Elginet said:

I COULD NOT DISAGREE MORE!!

I PURCHASED MY PHANTOM2 VISION FROM DRONEFLY :)
I HAVE HAD A GREAT EXPERIANCE WITH THEM :)
THEY SENT ME A NEW CAMERA WHEN MINE WAS BAD BEFORE I SENT THEM THE BAD ONE :eek:
THEY ANSWERED THERE PHONE EVERY TIME I CALLED THEM
THEY RETURNED MY EMAILS NEXT DAY.
I HAVE PERCHASED SPARE PARTS FROM THEM AND RECIVED THEM ALL SAME WEEK WHEN ORDERING ONLINE ON SUNDAY.
THE ONE EXEPTION IS MY PROPS THAT ARE ON BACK ORDER. BUT NO BIGGY JUST FOR BACK UP.
REMEMBER THEY DIDN’T MAKE THE PRODUCT!
THEY SELL IT

skyhighdiver said:
Elginet said:

I COULD NOT DISAGREE MORE!!

I PURCHASED MY PHANTOM2 VISION FROM DRONEFLY :)
I HAVE HAD A GREAT EXPERIANCE WITH THEM :)
THEY SENT ME A NEW CAMERA WHEN MINE WAS BAD BEFORE I SENT THEM THE BAD ONE :eek:
THEY ANSWERED THERE PHONE EVERY TIME I CALLED THEM
THEY RETURNED MY EMAILS NEXT DAY.
I HAVE PERCHASED SPARE PARTS FROM THEM AND RECIVED THEM ALL SAME WEEK WHEN ORDERING ONLINE ON SUNDAY.
THE ONE EXEPTION IS MY PROPS THAT ARE ON BACK ORDER. BUT NO BIGGY JUST FOR BACK UP.
REMEMBER THEY DIDN’T MAKE THE PRODUCT!
THEY SELL IT

+1 ..... yes the beatup on resellers and DJI itself is getting a little tedious ..... in IT I always just say to people with problems before I'll help, is RTFM baby .... !! also people seem to have no idea these days of the old adage .... "Caveat Emptor" ... dont moan when its your own fault or have done no research !!

Just an update on my Dronefly service....I had them replace all 4 of my engines, with some new engines I provided. I sent them packages of 3mm Bullet Connectors, so that all engines and the ESC ends would be Bullet Connectors. BUT, what I failed to notice was 1 of the little packets of Bullet Connectors was 3.5mm!!!
Their tech noticed it, and they actually went out to a local hobby shop and purchased a packet of 3mm Bullet Connectors to complete the job.

Also-I had a cut in the insulation of the red wire on my battery connector. I had requested that they just cut off the XT60 connector, shorten it a bit(because the heat shrink on those is short and tends to crack), and run heat-shrink much further down both wires, to cover the existing crack.
But, instead, they just replaced the whole battery connector with a new one, AND added heat-shrink down the length of the connector, 4 free!!!

This will make the battery cable a bit stiffer, but it should last much longer..... Also, have the Big Battery door-so I'm sure I can still stuff the wires back, and twist the rest to fit inside.

Last, they test flew it, and everything works fine.

The Phantom will be shipped via Fed Ex Today-so I should have it Tomorrow.

I bought my Phantom (1.1.1) from them along with the prop guards and couldn't be happier. But last week, they disappointed me. I e-mailed them and asked if they have some decals that say "DRONEFLY.COM", like the ones I saw on there facebook page, they look really nice and I was willing to purchase. They replied buy saying, "tell you what next time you make a purchase from us ask for some stickers and we'll include them with your order". WTF?! I think most places will just mail you a set of their decals and say thank you. I'll continue to shop there, but it just pissed me off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers