Dronefly says "unfixable!" What now??

Reaction score
Hey. nOOb here.

Bought my Phantom 2 (gopro version) & gimbal, FPV, in Feb. and quickly ran it into a tree where it crashed to the blacktop and broke one of the arms. Besides the damage to the body, start-up gives one flash of each color, then shutdown. Tried doing the "Naza bang" for resetting to no avail. So, I sent it to Dronefly for repair.

Dronefly said they spent way too many hours trying to fix it, replacing parts - including the motherboard - and could not diagnose or fix the problem. So, they give up. It's on the way back right now (no charge for anything), still unflyable.

It is said that the first step to getting help for an addiction is admitting you have a problem, but I'm not admitting anything. :shock: So yeah, I already ordered a new one... :cool: Be here tomorrow. Hoping the original gimbal isn't broken, too, which I'll soon find out.

So, here's the question:

What do I do with the broken toy now? Sell it for parts on ebay? Keep it for parts? Send it to DJI and see if they can diagnose it (Dronefly's suggestion)? If they can fix it, I can sell it to recoup some loss (my thinking), or keep the second one for a backup, seeing as I am such a fine pilot (my wife's thinking). Of course I'd have to spend more $$ to repair it.

What would you do with an "unfixable" P2?

Re: Dronefly says "unfixable!" What now??

If you get into modding, or just flying a lot, spare parts are worth their weight in gold.

However, I would definitely contact DJI and see if they can help, they may have an economical option to consider.

Wait. Rick Inman....do you hail from SB?

Rick Inman said:
ElGuano said:
Wait. Rick Inman....do you hail from SB?
Caught me! :)
Pierced the veil of your secret identity! Sorry to hear about the crash. Hope you're up and running again soon.

Rick Inman said:
Hey. nOOb here.

Bought my Phantom 2 (gopro version) & gimbal, FPV, in Feb. and quickly ran it into a tree where it crashed to the blacktop and broke one of the arms. Besides the damage to the body, start-up gives one flash of each color, then shutdown. Tried doing the "Naza bang" for resetting to no avail. So, I sent it to Dronefly for repair.

Dronefly said they spent way too many hours trying to fix it, replacing parts - including the motherboard - and could not diagnose or fix the problem. So, they give up. It's on the way back right now (no charge for anything), still unflyable.

It is said that the first step to getting help for an addiction is admitting you have a problem, but I'm not admitting anything. :shock: So yeah, I already ordered a new one... :cool: Be here tomorrow. Hoping the original gimbal isn't broken, too, which I'll soon find out.

So, here's the question:

What do I do with the broken toy now? Sell it for parts on ebay? Keep it for parts? Send it to DJI and see if they can diagnose it (Dronefly's suggestion)? If they can fix it, I can sell it to recoup some loss (my thinking), or keep the second one for a backup, seeing as I am such a fine pilot (my wife's thinking). Of course I'd have to spend more $$ to repair it.

What would you do with an "unfixable" P2?

Let me know what you want for it, I have a project I can use it for (less your gimbal)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair