DroneFly..... DJI are two peas in pod!!!

Reaction score
I guess there's no way to find your order status with them, is there?

God, why did I order from them, I knew better than to do this!!!! STUPID stupid stupid!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

They really redefine a bad pair of companies to do business with..... I don't know what's worse, buying replacement parts for a 2 month old UAV that's already obsolete or paying for 2nd day air service because the company you ordered from believes any order shipped with in the same month is providing loyal customer service, however, the parts you ordered maybe discontinued & on clearance before you received them. Of course don't even consider getting the a credit on clearance price of the part.

I think I'm gonna reevaluate my interest in DJI products. This is a little too much poo poo for one person to handle.

Steve

Worked for an Airline once where a management type told me "Look, there's more people born everyday than we can possibly piss off" ...... Suddenly I had a deep understanding of the marketing department. :D

Just go with amazon (not 3rd party seller on amazon) or B&H Photo.
IMHO DJI Phantom is still the best deal on the market for quads.

Every time I see someone post "just preordered/ordered my phantom from dronefly" I have this face :?:

They can't get their stuff right but they have time to get paid to give them free advertising on the forum. Search "dronefly" and you'll see identical posts by different users. It's sort of sad. If they invested the time into customer service, they would be the next B&H.

I'll be a fly in the ointment... the extra "Dronefly" battery that came with my v1.1.1 is far superior than the stock battery.

I feel fortunate that I just shopped on price and never planned on needing any dealer support unless I needed to return a defective quad and ended getting a perfectly fine unit.

As for the follow up I did receive on a question about upgraded parts and compatibility, it never happened, thus all other parts, upgrades, and similar are sourced elsewhere.

Dronefly kicks in a strap for the Tx, an extra battery on the regular Phantom, a guaranteed latest version or at least a clear ad stating what it is from my experience, but that is where it all stops.

Oh- you get stickers.

LeoS said:

Slightly OT, but FYI on Amazon - I thought of ordering from them but since they weren't on the DJI website list of dealers, I took the precaution of emailing DJI to confirm first.

Here's the question I asked and the answer I received:

Me: Is amazon an authorized dealer for phantom 2 vision?

DJI: you can buy from our dealer list on our website.
BR
DJI

That made me nervous enough about warranty coverage that I ultimately ordered from B&H.

Mosleyh said:
LeoS said:

Slightly OT, but FYI on Amazon - I thought of ordering from them but since they weren't on the DJI website list of dealers, I took the precaution of emailing DJI to confirm first.

Here's the question I asked and the answer I received:

Me: Is amazon an authorized dealer for phantom 2 vision?

DJI: you can buy from our dealer list on our website.
BR
DJI

That made me nervous enough about warranty coverage that I ultimately ordered from B&H.

Wow you got a complete sentence as a response! I didn't get that

+1 on BH Photo Video. I contacted them right about the time the V1.1.1 Phantom came out and they were pretty knowledgeable about the confusing version numbers. They made sure they shipped me the right one.

Also like HeliPal, I bought the Zenmuse H3-2D from them for $499 only to see it at $369 a few weeks later. All it took was a simple email and they were glad to give me a store credit for the difference.

Wormwood said:
I guess there's no way to find your order status with them, is there?

God, why did I order from them, I knew better than to do this!!!! STUPID stupid stupid!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

They really redefine a bad pair of companies to do business with..... I don't know what's worse, buying replacement parts for a 2 month old UAV that's already obsolete or paying for 2nd day air service because the company you ordered from believes any order shipped with in the same month is providing loyal customer service, however, the parts you ordered maybe discontinued & on clearance before you received them. Of course don't even consider getting the a credit on clearance price of the part.

I think I'm gonna reevaluate my interest in DJI products. This is a little too much poo poo for one person to handle.

Steve

I don't know how you can't find your order status.... You just had to go on the website and look up your order. If that doesn't work, call them and ask. I've never had a problem with Dronefly. As far as your parts being obsolete, thats more DJI than anything else. They are a relatively new company, coming out with newer and newer tech, which makes them a top competitor. So if your upset that your motors, or props, or UAV is out of date a few months in, don't buy at all, i guess. Every company comes out with new stuff every few months. Dronefly is a great company to order from, with way more personal customer service than places like B&H.

I have dealt with BH photo for years and they are an excellent company. I have bought tons of camera equipment from them. When I decided to get the Dji Quad I used DroneFly, because someone recommended them. My first experience with my phantom Vision was excellent. When I preordered a second battery though I was not as happy. People that I know that preordered with them after me received their battery before mine shipped.

I had preordered my phantom 2 from them also. Monday I called and spoke with with a rep, I asked if they were going to ship out my order that day and he said yep. Waited til 5pm and still never received a shipped notification. I called back and someone actually picked up the phone. I gave the guy my order number and name, he looked me up and said it was on the truck being shipped and I should receive my shipping information later that night. IT NEVER CAME...On my way to work tonight (Tuesday) I get a shipping notification in my email. It was shown to be READY for pick for UPS which means they did not send it out Monday like I was told. I checked the tracking information and UPS still had not received it. I dont like being lied too. Especially when I always ship 2nd day. I will be ordering from a different company for my Phantom Pro. Customer service can make or break your business.

RCPHOTO. How long have you worked for dronefly? It would be nice if you just made your name "dronefly" instead so you can be honest about who you are. 5 posts. 4 links to dronefly. 1 positive review on them.

search.php?author_id=4634&sr=posts

At least B&H has a user name of b&h and doesn't need to lurk in the shadows. If you want positive reviews, listen to what your customers are saying and change your ways. Making fake profiles and giving yourself a positive review only shows us you have the time to be shady but not the desire to be better.

Ps. you SHOULD know how to find the order status. If you don't have that feature, now is the time to add it. If you want business, show us you want it.

I ordered my phantom from amazon about 2 months ago but sold by Koozam took 4 days to receive it and it is a 1.1.1 very happy with the service . I do see a lot of adds on amazon latest version but it is not just ask some questions before you buy .
Sorry to hear droneFly is a poor place to buy hope everything works out for you .
Good luck !

i am not associated with drone fly in any way, i ordered a phantom 2 on monday got a tracking number and it says on truck out for delivery today. so unless they sent me something else they did great job for me.

hjscm said:
i am not associated with drone fly in any way, i ordered a phantom 2 on monday got a tracking number and it says on truck out for delivery today. so unless they sent me something else they did great job for me.

You did a heck of a lot better than me. I sent a Vision back after about a month of messing around with them AND DJI and pre-ordered a Phantom 2. My order still says processing after umpteen phone calls. Monday - it was "it will ship either today or tomorrow. Tuesday - No change in order status .... Wed- ... Oh. let me check, .... okay it will go out today. As of right now the order status sits no notification and indicates "processing".

On the other side of the coin ... I ordered something from FoxTech ... a Chinese operation in TIANJIN China. The order processed Monday and was picked up by DHL .. Went to Beijing PRC ... went to Hong Kong ..... cleared HK customs and departed Hong Kong and arrived in Los Angles Wednesday at 16:44....... cleared customs and arrived at the LAX sort facility at 01:44 today and departed for here at 3:39 this morning. It will likely be delivered tomorrow. Less than 5 days through all that, two customs facilities and over 8,000 miles if you go direct. Yet, I can't get these guys to get something for which they have had my money for since mid Oct to pull it together long enough to ship a 10 pound package 240 miles. Just about fed up with them, today's phone call won't be very pleasant.

If you paid with a credit card and not a debit card, you can call your card company if the call to dronefly isn't a pleasant one. Amex has a stupid yearly fee and high interest rate but if I call because of something like this, they are on the ball and 9 out of 10 times I get my money back. Well I get my money back when I open the claim but after the claim is done and cleared, I normally get my money back. The one time was ok because I for what I ordered after the claim was opened and I would rather have it than send it back and get a refund.

Ksc said:
If you paid with a credit card and not a debit card, you can call your card company if the call to dronefly isn't a pleasant one. Amex has a stupid yearly fee and high interest rate but if I call because of something like this, they are on the ball and 9 out of 10 times I get my money back. Well I get my money back when I open the claim but after the claim is done and cleared, I normally get my money back. The one time was ok because I for what I ordered after the claim was opened and I would rather have it than send it back and get a refund.

Paid with Pay Pay so wasn't all that worried about getting the dough back.

After a not so pleasant call I was told it would be shipped today and the order status changed from processing to shipped along with tracking number. That don't mean smack to me as the tracking number at UPS simply says that a label has been created but the item has not been received by them. I guess after they assured me it would go out today they at least printed a label. That place is a really "Charlie Foxtrot" over there. I may get luck to receive the thing before Christmas ...... or not.

Other news is; my Skyzone FPV goggles which were ordered Monday from CHINA arrived at the door today at 3:45pm. They were shipped Tuesday. I could have ordered a Tarot 960 frame from them (FoxTech) and finished building it and flown it into a 100 hour inspection since I've been dealing with DroneFly and DJI attempting to get ONE Phantom into the air.

I'm just about sick of DroneFly AND DJI at this point. Can only hope this POS arrives in one piece and I will put an AR8000 transmitter on it before it up and flys away on me. Now, if somebody will just come up with an aftermarket fix for the "Smart" (not very) Battery I might get to use the **** thing.

I am surprised to hear the backlash at DroneFly. These guys have always righted me in ALL my orders. I actually live not far from the warehouse and randomly stopped by once and the guys were great helped me with my broken parts tearing down a Phantom off the wall giving me the parts free and not only that but always giving me tech support over the phone. Give these guys a call and talk to them direct!!!

Here is my take after having purchase a Phantom from Dronefly and having dealt with both, Dronefly and DJI on an issue with my Phantom. Contacted both Dronefly technicians and DJI. Once I was able to reach the right people at DJI, I got the issue resolved to my satisfaction in a timely manner BY DJI ENGINEERS. Would I buy another DJI product? The answer is DEFINETIVELY YES.

Hopefully they shipped it today. Today's the last day for things to arrive by Xmas using the 3 day option (the second most expensive choice). Considering what I just paid to send a small light package via that option (and using a company account for huge savings) I highly doubt anyone would ship it that way and offer free shipping. I'd say it would be between 75 and 100 bucks depending on your location. Plus extra for insurance.

hashtlt said:
I am surprised to hear the backlash at DroneFly. These guys have always righted me in ALL my orders. I actually

First guy I talked with sounded very young and was a bit of a space cadet. Just lip service and tons of trouble shooting all the while with me telling him the camera was simply not getting power. He then said I would have to get DJI to approve a return which resulted in further delay emails and a repeat of all the trouble shooting. Finally I wrote a nasty email claiming that this wasn't exactly rocket science and that I wanted my *&%% money back. Reply was simply contact xxxxx at DroneFly for a return. That process took about two weeks. Then I finally got to return the thing and they messed that up. (long story but I wanted a P2 on preorder with the gimbal they got the refund price diff wrong) I called Monday to see if everything was okay with my order and was told it would ship today (Monday) or tomorrow. They did neither. Wednesday when I called again it was I will get it fixed and you order will be out today. Today it was like "what do you mean it didn't ship?" "Hold on let me check" 5 min later "I'm sorry I will make sure it gets out today". (yeah, like I heard that everyday this week)

The guy I was working with in the end was courteous and seemed to have it together. I believe it's the order and shipping part that's a train wreck over there. Additionally I told him what had transpired since October when I Pre-ordered the Vision. They advertised that if you pre order they will not bill you until the Phantom is actually shipped. Within 10 minutes of making the payment via PayPal they sucked the money out of my account. When I called to complain about that is when I got the first flake on the phone. "That was paypals fault they have been messing up lately" That was what raised the antenna the first time and I thought about just cancelling the order and purchasing elsewhere ... I didn't ..... that won't happen again.

So, they have been sitting on my $1200 bucks since the middle of October and all I have at this time is a partial refund, 5 or 6 weeks of aggravation, waiting, confusion and lots of phone time with them and the fun meter has pegged and broken the gauge.
I mentioned this to the CS rep and asked to expedite shipping. He said "that's too costly" He said he would check with his boss.

I've been very patient and understanding ,after all it's DJI that got all this started with a sub-standard product release and if the vision worked as advertised none of this would have happened. However, in my case, this was handled very poorly and caused me a good amount of grief. It won't happen again. Sorry, that's the way it is.

Not inclined to name my "toys" but this one (if it ever gets here) will bear the name of PITA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31