Dronefly.com

Reaction score
For anyone who might see this, be sure to check out other retailers for your phantom needs. For starters, it took me 4 weeks to get my P2. To finally get it, I had to have several items removed from my order because of stock issues. That wasnt totally their fault, but they never communicated any of those issues with me. I had to keep calling to find out what the new hold-up was.

Now once you get it, if you fly your phantom and god forbid on the 8th or 9th flight, a part like a bearing in a motor apparently seizes midflight, maybe it was the one dud out of a batch of motors made that day in China, no matter how you slice it, thats your fault. You cant possibly receive a bad component in a DJI product that doesnt fail immediately on your first flight, and thats how strongly dronefly backs their products.

Their return policy is pretty strict and I think we can all understand why. I'll admit, my P2 touched the side of a house and fell 5 feet on to the deck below. I replaced the props and got it up flying again with no issues whatsoever. 5 or so perfect flights later, suddenly my P2 looks like a retarded trapeze artist as it tumbles 100+ feet towards the ground. I like to think a $900 quadcopter can take a 5ft fall without bending the gimbal bracket and jacking something else up so hard the motor gives out after another hour of flight time. So even if you spend over $1000 with dronefly after accesories, the only help you'll get to repair your phantom is to pay dronefly another $99+shipping+parts.

Lets talk about customer service. They were great with sales. But when you have a phantom 2 that suddenly falls from glory like RG3, and you want to talk to droneflies tech support about it, good luck getting them to return your emails or calls. When you do finally reach them, all youll hear is basically, you flew it, you broke it. Theyd have to see it, send it in for $99+parts and theyll fix it. No suggestions on how to be sure its the motor and not a computer issue, and certainly no consideration that maybe there was something not right about the **** thing to begin with.

And that shall end my rant. I know I'll be taking my business for replacement parts elsewhere.

Good to know. Was considering purchasing from them after talking to them on phone, but will definitely stay away from them now and pass the word on

I think a lot of places do repairs this way, they have to charge something for diagnostics. Read their fine print, they tell you this upfront. You flew it, you crashed it and now they should warranty something?? That's the name of the game with flying rc vehicles. We take that risk.
My friend crashed his helicopter once, sent it in to the dealer to be repaired.........they found out it had a faulty servo, replaced it for free, and.....returned his $99.00 check.

Bear with me on venting, but Im a bit frustrated with the whole situation. I refuse to believe that I crashed it, flew it a bunch more times with no issues, then suddenly had it fall from the sky as a result of said crash. I think thats BS from a $900 quad.

I totally understand their policy and agree with it, but they need to acknowledge their customers when theyre having an issue. The real problem is that dronefly never bothered to respond to my emails or phone calls. When I did finally talk to someone a week after sending an email with links to videos explaining everything that happened, it was if they never even bothered to review my problem until I was on the phone. They just asked "what are you wanting to do?" I want my **** fixed! Either I do it, or they do it. I expressed my feelings that it was a defective motor, and had they even offered to repair the thing and return my money had it been determined that the motor or ESC was failing due to a defect, then I probably would have just gone that route and sent it back. I got the feeling from the tech guy that no matter what, they would charge me regardless of what they found.

I just ordered all new parts and will install them myself. Had these clowns not left me hanging all week, I would have ordered the parts and been flying again this weekend. Now Im just hoping I get everything by next friday so I can get back out next weekend.

That all being said, Im sure that most of the products dronefly sends out are just fine. When it was suddenly 3 weeks after i placed my order and the status still said "processing", they were great to help me take items off the order so i could get them elsewhere and start actually receiving things. I still think they should have reached out to me at some point to let me know, "oh by the way, we wont have that gopro for another for another 2 weeks". Have it removed, expecting order to ship. One week later, still processing. They could have told me any time that the lcd/receiver was also going to be another 3 weeks, but no. I again had to call them. But they sure were great to revise the order as long as I kept having to call in to find out what was now causing the order to be delayed.

Anyways, I happened to have a bad experience with my phantom and dronefly. based on my observations of what the quad is doing, I do not believe it had anything to do with a small crash. The customer support i received regarding a $900 P2 that flew about as good as rock, was a little disappointing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.