DroneDeploy vs Dronifi? Other Competitors?

Reaction score
At first demo, it appears to me DroneDeploy is the more capable and polished product compared to Dronifi. Looks like Dronifi doesn't do 3D Maps? The login looks specific to Farming even though it can be used for more. DroneDeploy the interface looks more polished and it has the 3D Mapping.

Are there other alternative services I should consider for more technical/engineering type cloud computing services (surveying, volumetrics, agriculture, etc.)?

Reactions: embayweather
I second MapsMadeEasy and Map Pilot. I've used several image capture apps and find Map Pilot to offer the best results so far. It detects light level and adjusts flight speed automatically to ensure clear image capture. Their cloud computing and results were quick as well.

I use Maps Made Easy as well.. love to app! My only issue with it, you don't have any control over the camera settings.. But other than that, it works great.. I tried Pix4DMapper but you get a box, so end up mappign areas you don't care about.. Maps Made Easy allows you to create your own polygon over the exact area to be mapped. But I use Pix4D to create my orthos..

I use Maps Made Easy as well.. love to app! My only issue with it, you don't have any control over the camera settings.. But other than that, it works great.. I tried Pix4DMapper but you get a box, so end up mappign areas you don't care about.. Maps Made Easy allows you to create your own polygon over the exact area to be mapped. But I use Pix4D to create my orthos..

That's exactly what I do as well. Pix4DCapture App was giving me issues as well as it was only capturing images for the first couple of lines of the grid and then sporatically after, I had to give up on it. I use Pix4D but I'm now limited to my outputs and functionality as I only had the trial of Pix4DMapper Pro, I now have Pix4D Discovery which is the free version. I wish Pix4D was more affordable.

Yes, it is EXPENSIVE! Paid $8700 and the annual maintenance fee is up there as well.. But clients love the data & reports I give them.. You can also output google map tiles as well.. but it doesn't give you the best zoom levels.. Seems to stop at what looks like 200 or 150 ft AGL.. Someone told me you can modify the config to allow for better levels which I haven't tried yet. No idea what the free version gives you as far as features.. heck, didn't even know there was a free version.. lol

Pix4D Discovery is a free version that anyone can download and use. You can still capture and process images and receive a full 3D model which is viewable but you cannot do any measurements at all. Also, it does not provide a mosaic or DSM. The only thing you can export is a 3D flythrough of the model. What is the annual maintenance cost if I may ask? I am looking at possibly purchasing Pix4D for my business. You say your clients love the data, are you able to share your 3D models with them, and if so, what program do you use to do this? That was one thing I was trying to figure out is how would I be able to share results of the processing from Pix4D with clients.

I've also digitized a vertical pillar in Pix4D and exported it to a kml, than in Google Earth Pro I added the elevation information to the Properties and was able to create the 3D pillar in Google Earth Pro. It didn't look like the actual pillar but was very interesting to be able to see it's actual vertical height in Google Earth.

Try mapsmadeeasy, they are great and you pay for processing and not subscription. Their app is the best ( map pilot)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I find it troublesome that when you have competitors that offer apps for both iOS and Android, if you only offer one for iOS it doesn't speak well for what kind of resources and expertise you have behind your business. Moreover, Android has a much larger marketshare than iOS so it baffles me why companies would choose to develop exclusively for the platform with a much smaller market share considering many business users like me are exclusively Android.

IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share

Reactions: rgbwebdev
At first demo, it appears to me DroneDeploy is the more capable and polished product compared to Dronifi. Looks like Dronifi doesn't do 3D Maps? The login looks specific to Farming even though it can be used for more. DroneDeploy the interface looks more polished and it has the 3D Mapping.

Are there other alternative services I should consider for more technical/engineering type cloud computing services (surveying, volumetrics, agriculture, etc.)?

I've been using Dronifi to process Golf Courses and provide Turf Analysis as well as 3d outputs for clients - I have used Drone Deploy but something I liked about Dronifi was that I could use my company logo to show the results of my flights to clients - especially now that everyone asks thinks they can go around you and buy a drone and get the same results.

Reactions: BigAl07
A new entrant in the market is Datufly by Datumate. It is an iOS only app, free for the first 30 days and then $50 for the app. Like MapPilot it can handle large missions with multiple batteries. I like the mission planning a little better than MapPilot and the mission statistics work pretty good. But $50 v. free is a big difference. One negative - it does not work with P3A only with the P3P. They must use the 4k for something in the app.

Datumate recently announced a partnership with DJI which might help.

I have come to depend on MapPilot. My one complaint is that it is slow to load the background when I am in the field and downloading the map via hotspot.

I like an Ipad better than my Nvidia Shield tablet simply because of the size of the screen. I have not tried any other 10" pads but I will almost always go to my ipad first.

I am very excited about the new industry forums.

Rick Miller

Reactions: BigAl07
Pix4dCapture on IOS gives you the ability to map Polygons, but no support for DJI Phantom 4 Advance.

I use DJI Groundstaion Pro and Pix4D mapper. I use ContextCapture by Bentley to do post production. I have it at work so it is expensive but very good.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl