DroneBase + Keller Williams Real Estate Partnership

Is this in Canada also or just USA ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So, to sum this up, you're just giving their agents $200 off your services? This is going to get interesting as soon as the new FAA rules come out. It'll be tougher to be a middleman at that point.

So, to sum this up, you're just giving their agents $200 off your services? This is going to get interesting as soon as the new FAA rules come out. It'll be tougher to be a middleman at that point.

Ya, it'll be interesting. We're working top down at the Corporate level vs bottoms up at the individual realtor level.

But, you do what you can do for the time being. I see everyone on here as a rising tide lifting all boats. We're all in it together.

Very Cool! Best of Luck! How does the 333 exemption work into this? I assume all DroneBase pilots need a 333?

Very Cool! Best of Luck! How does the 333 exemption work into this? I assume all DroneBase pilots need a 333?

Right now, we're collecting as much information from potential pilots around the globe. One piece of that information for US based pilots is the 333 exemption certificate or even if the application is pending approval.

You will see though that in our on-boarding process, our written test is based on the FAA's "Part 107 proposed regulations for commercial drone services" since we are trying to orient people on what is coming down the pipeline from the FAA in the next few months. OR, if any new legislation comes in the pipeline.

One piece of that information for US based pilots is the 333 exemption certificate or even if the application is pending approval
Have you been finding it a challenge to find 333 exemption holders who also have a pilot license? Or do you not look any further than the 333 exemption?

Have you been finding it a challenge to find 333 exemption holders who also have a pilot license? Or do you not look any further than the 333 exemption?

For the US, b/c of the limited supply it can be challenging to say the least BUT, they have been approving pilots much faster. Other countries its much easier if 1) you do not need the pilots license and 2) there are no drone specific laws at all.

I am constantly talking with 333 approved companies, etc.

For the US, b/c of the limited supply it can be challenging to say the least BUT, they have been approving pilots much faster
Sorry -- my question was probably too vague. My point is that it seems like a lot of people in the US have 333 exemptions, but they cannot legally use them because they do not have a pilot license. Is that something DroneBase's customers care about or do you just hire anyone who has a 333 exemption?

Sorry -- my question was probably too vague. My point is that it seems like a lot of people in the US have 333 exemptions, but they cannot legally use them because they do not have a pilot license. Is that something DroneBase's customers care about or do you just hire anyone who has a 333 exemption?

Ya, I was referring to the pilots. It makes the pool even smaller of qualified 333s.

I'm confused... the whole point of a 333 exemption is to be able to operate a UAV commercially without a pilots license. Am I missing something here?

the whole point of a 333 exemption is to be able to operate a UAV commercially without a pilots license
That's what a lot of people think going into it, but that's not the case. You must have at least a recreational or sport pilot license.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20