Dronebase- is it worth it

I looked at drones.io, is that the Web site you were talking about?

If so, looks like they have gone away. Just a mostly blank WordPress template....

I've bided and inquired about a few jobs on drones.io (locally) but never got a response. Apparently, Drones.io is having issues with pilots bids; not going through or something to that affect...

Droners.io has been around a lot longer than DroneBase. They rarely clean out their old listings for Illinois most of the posted jobs are long over.

Ok so Ive been doing db for a couple weeks... Im only doing ones that are close to where I'm going. Ive done 11 of them been paid on 6 for about $20-25. I was getting a little annoyed last week up until today i had only been paid for 1. I sent an email to them asking whats going on didn't get a reply but they all seemed to sell today.

Like others have said i feel like they should be selling for around $100 giving pilots $50. We're already going out to properties why not take a full set of the properties and try to sell those? wouldn't that be a win win for everyone?

I shot 3 on Friday and another 6 yesterday. Got paid for two panos today. We'll see how it goes.

Reactions: rccrazy30
Ok so Ive been doing db for a couple weeks... Im only doing ones that are close to where I'm going. Ive done 11 of them been paid on 6 for about $20-25. I was getting a little annoyed last week up until today i had only been paid for 1. I sent an email to them asking whats going on didn't get a reply but they all seemed to sell today.

Like others have said i feel like they should be selling for around $100 giving pilots $50. We're already going out to properties why not take a full set of the properties and try to sell those? wouldn't that be a win win for everyone?

My issue here is that 4 quick photos of the front of the property won't likely annoy anyone, where a full-on shoot of the property very well might. That to me is the difference between a client mission (or working through a realtor) versus a pano.

Im going to be honest it does sound tempting, but I just can't justify going to someones home and taking "drone" shots when no one around knows im coming. Its a gamble-through and through @BruiseLee its good to see your earnings, run into any issues?? when shooting....

I'm guessing some areas are different but 95% of the pano missions I've done the house is empty so I see no issue with it. I've done 29 pano missions and 1 client In 2 weeks and I'm at about $500 so far. Definitely can't live off of it but it's a good way to earn a little side money and of course an excuse to fly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Bigdz
My issue here is that 4 quick photos of the front of the property won't likely annoy anyone, where a full-on shoot of the property very well might. That to me is the difference between a client mission (or working through a realtor) versus a pano.

I think that depends the property. Most of the ones I've done are empty so there's really no one to annoy.
It would be kind of cool if dronebase is able to set up realtors as create client missions for say at $125-$150 pilots would get $75-$100. At that point dronebase would have less ground work to do since realtors would be setting up appointment on their own.

I came across two that I wouldn't have flown without speaking to the owner (in one case) and a representative of the company that had just purchased the property (in the other case) who were on-site and visible at the time. Then again, I try to stick to residences during the week when most people are at work and commercial on the weekends. Not that I expect trouble - and am ready to address objections - but minimizing the chances for misunderstandings seems prudent.

One commercial property I did this weekend was a restaurant that was open, so I went inside to introduce myself to the owner. He wound up coming outside to watch and to get a quick demo. :)

Im going to be honest it does sound tempting, but I just can't justify going to someones home and taking "drone" shots when no one around knows im coming. Its a gamble-through and through @BruiseLee its good to see your earnings, run into any issues?? when shooting....

I highly recommend parking and launching from a couple blocks away. I am part 107 licensed, but I do not want the hassle nor distraction from being bothered while on a mission. I treat these missions as "stealth" missions.
The less attention we draw, the better.

I highly recommend parking and launching from a couple blocks away. I am part 107 licensed, but I do not want the hassle nor distraction from being bothered while on a mission. I treat these missions as "stealth" missions.

That's the main reason I'm using my Mavic for pano's its a lot quieter then my P4. TIP: Always check the address vs what the map is saying it's not always correct.

How are you getting the beauty shots from a few blocks away while maintaining visual contact?

Reactions: Helihover and Bigdz
How are you getting the beauty shots from a few blocks away while maintaining visual contact?
It's an art form. It's all in the mission planning, scouting the terrain, and positioning Los. My mavic is arriving any day now. Can't wait to ditch the p4.

Part 107 Remote Pilot in Command license is a must. If you are worried about LOS, then you will need a visual observer to maintain LOS. I recommend using satellite view to better read the terrain and environment.

Last edited:
When shooting from 1-2 blocks away in a city, how can you see (line of sight) your quad and positively know that no one is walking under it? Especially while shooting the low altitude rooftop level beauty shots.

When shooting from 1-2 blocks away in a city, how can you see (line of sight) your quad and positively know that no one is walking under it? Especially while shooting the low altitude rooftop level beauty shots.

In that case, as Remote Pilot in Command, you could either abort mission (better safe than sorry), launch from closer (to maintain LOS), or designate a VO (visual observer does not need part 107 as long as remote commander has part 107). Also, please notify ATC when required.

In that case, as Remote Pilot in Command, you could either abort mission (better safe than sorry), launch from closer (to maintain LOS), or designate a VO (visual observer does not need part 107 as long as remote commander has part 107). Also, please notify ATC when required.
If your flying these mission, as a hobbyist then contact ATC, but if your Remote PIC, then you have to get a waiver to fly in the class airport you are under.

If your flying these mission, as a hobbyist then contact ATC, but if your Remote PIC, then you have to get a waiver to fly in the class airport you are under.

Yes, that is correct. It's a good idea to have a waiver with your local airport.
FAA Issues Part 107 Waivers, Airspace Authorizations

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj