DRONE ???????????

Here in "The Wild Wild West" we just call em "crazy flyin' machines". :p
I thought West of the Continental Divide they are known as 'targets'?
smiley-shooting-gun.gif

Debunking the drone myths.

A drone is a model aircraft. - Umm...yeah. So the Phantom is a model of what? It doesn't resemble a Japanese torpedo plane or a Vietnam-era Huey. So what exactly is it a model of?

UAV is the correct term. - I'll agree in so far as UAV is a correct term, just not the only one. There's also quadcopter, multirotor, and drone. And guess what? The MQ-9 Reaper is also a UAV. The MQ-9 UAV kills people and destroys things.

Use of the word "drone" will cause public hate. - No. Idiots flying drones idiotically cause public hate.

People associate drones with military drone strikes. - Yes, they do. They also associate drones with GoPros. Give the public a little credit for being able to discern between an MQ-9 Reaper and a DJI Phantom.

The hobby will die if we call them drones. - This idea does more harm than good. There are more drones and more people calling them drones. If you want to do the hobby a favor, when someone say "is that a drone?" or more likely, "cool drone you have there," don't take this as an opportunity to lecture about "proper terminology."

The proper response is, "Yes, it's a drone. Isn't it cool? Do you want to see the view?"

When people hear the word, we want them to picture happy, red-striped drones flying through fireworks with GoPros while delivering pizzas and Amazon.
Thank you!

Thank you Sir !!!! at least I have made an impact on one intelligent person, The WORD Drone is like a virus!! and we need to quash it very soon! It has no place in our hobby!!!
If, like I see, there are many of YOU that bow down to the symptom of giving in, then we will never get this changed, Stop feeding the Media with all this negative DRONE Creepy word, and Change it to -- R/C model, Quadcopter, Helicopter with 4 Rotors, what ever, BUT NOT DRONE This will kill it in Time.
You know I am right but cant admit it.

The word "drone" is not harming the hobby. Stupid operators are. It has nothing to do with "giving in" and more to do with disagreeing with you what's really harming the hobby.

So when the next dro...err... quadcopter lands on the White House lawn or delivers radioactive material to the prime minister of Japan, we hobbyists should inform the public that these acts were committed by people flying "quadcopters?"

I find being Stupid has got me blindly through situations that I never even knew about, ignorance is bliss.
My Drone (oops) is actually more clever than I at least it can find its way home when I turn it off, I mean just how smart is that.

Reactions: IflyinWY
I am becoming very angry at the use of the word DRONE !!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
This has been the norm for all people, that have no idea what a DRONE IS.

A Phantom is not a DRONE, GET THIS INTO YOUR HEADS, It is a Radio Controlled model, as is a model Aeroplane , A Quadcopter, A Glider, A Plane, A Rocket,, A RADIO CONTROLLED MODEL CANNOT BE COMPARED TO A DRONE.

I feel sick to my stomach!! to think all YOU!! out there, for some reason think / and advertise the word DRONE.

A Drone is destined to KILL PEOPLE WITH A PREDETERMINED AND PROGRAMMED ROUT VIA SATELLITE NAVIGATIONAL SYSTEM.

A Quadcopter is a recreational play thing THAT HAS, IN ALL HONESTY, A SATELLITE NAVIGATIONAL HOMING DEVISE. THAT IS ALL.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Man, I too remember my first beer.........

Reactions: AzDroner
Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Kleenex = tissue paper
Q-Tip = cotton swab
Drone = whatevertheF___youwantittobe

I try to tell people it is a quadcopter or RC helicopter and they mostly just say drone....I knew it was a losing battle when I saw a massive sign at target that says drones....

Why is everyone still DRONEing on about this matter!!:rolleyes:

Reactions: WetDog
I understand the anger but I have no problem with people calling it a drone it has been for a long time that the simple minded publicity seeking
media calling it a drone.
Don't let it bother you we all know better, I have a lot of the public come up to me when I am flying and say "I have heard a lot about drones but have never seen
one close up" and they are interested in the details and then I convert their thinking and explain that the word drone does not do it justice
and explain that it is a "UAV" so they walk away much better informed so I think it is a real opportunity for us to change their thinking, I also think eventually
the word "Drone" will be replaced with "UAV" I let the aircraft speak for itself, I have been surprised how amazed and interested the public are.
So give it time it's still early days but it will be fine just enjoy it all.
Cheers JV

What's in a name we all know what they are but sadly not everyone knows what they do

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav