DRONE ???????????

This is a well thought out response and I agree with it. People need to calm down. The discussion I have most with people is, if you are concerned about people recording you and invading your privacy... Then you need to be going after cell phones which record much closer to you in nearly all situations (including multiple situations where "drones" can't be flown).

My mother (78) was spouting off about the invasion of privacy until I showed her the phantom's view from 300 ft... She said... Oh you can't really see people very well from there.

Everyone who is getting up in arms about this hobby need to calm down... And we all need to keep being responsible in both our usage and our response to people who are concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
If I came away from this thread with anything, it's an idea for a T Shirt!

I'll print a similar photo on the back of a shirt with the caption, "This is what you look like from way up there"

That will answer questions while they are still thoughts...

The worst is when stupid realtors use the word drone photography. Just call it aerial photography morons. Now where are those red faces? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The trouble is, everyone keeps droning on and on about it. :rolleyes:

:)

Drone: It's just a name
Hitler: It's just a persons name

Bush: It was just a different point of view
Astrophysics: It's not rocket science :) (that leads back to my fav video)

I have had family's come up to me and ask " Is that a Drone " ? Who are you spying on? are you a pervert? do you looking through windows at night ? why is it fitted with a camera you weirdo ?.

Your call !! and it is obvious to me that it is a macho thing.

Yes I fly a DRONE, ---- oh you big man.

Whether you call it a drone or not, it's still fitted with a camera. Quad-rotors, quad-copters, multi-rotors can all carry cameras and be flown by pedophiles.

wife: That pedophile is flying a drone. I don't want him near our kids.
husband: Actually, it's a quad-copter.
wife: Let's invite him over for dinner.

Last edited:
Whether you call it a drone or not, it's still fitted with a camera. Quad-rotors, quad-copters, multi-rotors can all carry cameras and be flown by pedophiles.

wife: That pedophile is flying a drone. I don't want him near our kids.
husband: Actually, it's a quad-copter.
wife: Let's invite him over for dinner.
LOL!!! Funny stuff!!!

I feel sick to my stomach!! to think all YOU!! out there, for some reason think / and advertise the word DRONE.

I used to be able to go fly my R/C planes and heli's when they were in fact just that, R/C planes and heli's and no one seemed to notice or care. But since they are now known as drones, I find more people notice and many even object to them. So it really is more than just semantics IHMO.
Say what you will, but Topvideos is right, the more we separate our identity from the word Drones and reintroduce them as Quad Copters the less people will be suspicious and wary of them. Of course getting the media to get on board might be more of a challenge.

I think most of you missed the point of his post.

Reactions: Topvideos1001
Good Evening everyone,
Hope this message finds all of you well.
I have a lot of questions regarding my Phantom 3.
I am not a videographer or camera person or nothing. I am just a person who had his wedding 2 month ago and paid for someone to use his flying camera in my wedding since it was an outdoor event.
I fell in love with it and bought my own Phantom 3 Pro. Just thinking it will such a great idea when we have a BBQ dinner with friends and family we can actually use this to video record us.
I didn't read the reviews about the Phantom and don't know anything about it but i know it was easy as told by the man who video my wedding.
I am worried about something, i have been doing a research and about unboxing and i found NO Fly Zone.. MY house is next to the airport :(
But my point and the usage of this item is for personal nothing major just 6 times a year…
i don't know what to do to be honest since my Phantom will be in Dubai in less than 6 days. i Just paid a lot of money for the new Phantom and don't know what to do.

Any suggestions and help please.

Thank you all for your time

Sincerely Yours

Until there's an easier name/description than "drone" get over it....

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I used to be able to go fly my R/C planes and heli's when they were in fact just that, R/C planes and heli's and no one seemed to notice or care. But since they are now known as drones, I find more people notice and many even object to them. So it really is more than just semantics IHMO.
Say what you will, but Topvideos is right, the more we separate our identity from the word Drones and reintroduce them as Quad Copters the less people will be suspicious and wary of them. Of course getting the media to get on board might be more of a challenge.

• Phantoms are drones and fit most definitions of the word.
  • Public perception is caused by how we use them, and not what we call them.
The comparison to yesterday's R/C planes and helicopters is not an accurate one. Ten years ago, could you push a button and have your R/C aircraft take-off, fly to an object, orbit it while keeping a camera pointed at it, and return home to land? How about follow you down a mountain on your snowboard? Today's drones do these things. Tomorrow's drones will do even more.

Getting the media to get on board isn't the first challenge. That horse has left the barn. I doubt you could get a majority of people on this forum to "get on board."

Not all airplanes are B-52s on carpet bombing missions, just like not all drones are launching missiles. The public knows this.

Do wonderful things with your drones. Embrace the word. Be an ambassador. Most importantly, do NOT mount Hellfire missiles on your Phantom.

Yaaawn.
Is this thread still going.
It's just a word.
:(

Yaaawn.
Is this thread still going.
It's just a word.
:(
images4HKE7OJ0.jpg
Yep...still going like that battery bunny !

I for one am getting tired of being told by disgruntled wackadoodles that I can't call my drone a "drone" and that I can't call myself a "pilot" when I pilot my drone.

I have enough to worry about by trying to keep up with what the government is telling me I can do with my drone, and/or where I can pilot it to worry about some fool's tirade about the words I use.

I have a problem with the word "invite." It used to be a verb and now it's a noun. Back when I was young we had to use the word "invitation." Four syllables. You kids have it easy today with your 2 syllable nouns.

I'm heading out to engage in dronification. Have a nice day!

Thank you Sir !!!! at least I have made an impact on one intelligent person, The WORD Drone is like a virus!! and we need to quash it very soon! It has no place in our hobby!!!
If, like I see, there are many of YOU that bow down to the symptom of giving in, then we will never get this changed, Stop feeding the Media with all this negative DRONE Creepy word, and Change it to -- R/C model, Quadcopter, Helicopter with 4 Rotors, what ever, BUT NOT DRONE This will kill it in Time.
You know I am right but cant admit it.

Thank you Sir !!!! at least I have made an impact on one intelligent person, The WORD Drone is like a virus!! and we need to quash it very soon! It has no place in our hobby!!!
If, like I see, there are many of YOU that bow down to the symptom of giving in, then we will never get this changed, Stop feeding the Media with all this negative DRONE Creepy word, and Change it to -- R/C model, Quadcopter, Helicopter with 4 Rotors, what ever, BUT NOT DRONE This will kill it in Time.
You know I am right but cant admit it.
alpaca.jpg
o_O NoNoNo....we don't call folks that here !
Now excuse me as the rain has stopped and I need to test some new antennas I just put on my DRONE :)

Here in "The Wild Wild West" we just call em "crazy flyin' machines". :p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20