DRONE ???????????

Topvideos1001, I know where your coming from, (not physically), but it's a losing battle, we're stuck with this crappy name for our hobby aircraft now, so we just have to like it and lump it. ;)

Thank you sir I appreciate that, and well said but we must curb the use or the public will follow..
by the way my name is Bernie ;)

in the UK it is getting to be a problem with comments like -
Are you a peeping Tom that film through Ladies bedrooms, and watch children, What else would a man do with that thing.
I can't see the D word there ... just the usual ignorance that's commonly offered by people who have no idea.
Whether the D word is used or not will make no difference to this.

Go back a few years and the most common thing you'd hear about the internet was that people use it to learn how to make bombs.
The ignorant love that sort of simplistic thing.
But with time ignorance will fade as more people are exposed to our flying cameras. It takes time but change happens.

I can't see the D word there ... just the usual ignorance that's commonly offered by people who have no idea.
Whether the D word is used or not will make no difference to this.

Go back a few years and the most common thing you'd hear about the internet was that people use it to learn how to make bombs.
The ignorant love that sort of simplistic thing.
But with time ignorance will fade as more people are exposed to our flying cameras. It takes time but change happens.

Ah just like the term we all used to describe African fellows, The W*g, now Banned everywhere so things can change and get the term DRONE out of our vocabulary in the RC world.
Sorted then :):):):)

I am a Man, 61 years old , I have no idea what a troll is, I also I hold a private pilots licence for twin engine Aircraft, I have my own business, I am not a fool.
Married with 3 daughters 1 at University studding Astro physics for a Phd.

Anything else ???

I have no idea what you owning your own business or what your daughters are studying has to do with anything ????
Well done keeping off the upper case ;)

Aw man this has got to be the funniest posting I've seen on this site in the last year or so. Some of the answers were hilarious guys, take a bow!
I personally use the word drone because I feel like a clown using the words quadcopter or uav because people look at you as if you have 2 heads and then they say "ah, a drone, cool"
I think you need to relax and stop trying to tell people what they can or cannot call their drones, especially with the guys in here because you'll find you won't be very welcome for long.

Aw man this has got to be the funniest posting I've seen on this site in the last year or so. Some of the answers were hilarious guys, take a bow!
I personally use the word drone because I feel like a clown using the words quadcopter or uav because people look at you as if you have 2 heads and then they say "ah, a drone, cool"
I think you need to relax and stop trying to tell people what they can or cannot call their drones, especially with the guys in here because you'll find you won't be very welcome for long.

Not Welcome for very long ?? why ?????????? do you wish me to go ???????

Last edited:
I am becoming very angry at the use of the word DRONE !!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
This has been the norm for all people, that have no idea what a DRONE IS.

A Phantom is not a DRONE, GET THIS INTO YOUR HEADS, It is a Radio Controlled model, as is a model Aeroplane , A Quadcopter, A Glider, A Plane, A Rocket,, A RADIO CONTROLLED MODEL CANNOT BE COMPARED TO A DRONE.

I feel sick to my stomach!! to think all YOU!! out there, for some reason think / and advertise the word DRONE.

A Drone is destined to KILL PEOPLE WITH A PREDETERMINED AND PROGRAMMED ROUT VIA SATELLITE NAVIGATIONAL SYSTEM.

A Quadcopter is a recreational play thing THAT HAS, IN ALL HONESTY, A SATELLITE NAVIGATIONAL HOMING DEVISE. THAT IS ALL.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just to add to your general frustration and aggravation - - - -
Drone's are not designed specifically to KILL PEOPLE. The Predator DRONE was not originally armed at all and I believe it is still not armed, neither is the Global Hawk DRONE - both of these are reconnaissance DRONES. On the other hand, the Reaper DRONE (looks like a Predator but the stabilizers go up instead of down) is armed with Hellfire A2G missiles -- it was specifically designed to blow things up.

Just to add to your general frustration and aggravation - - - -
Drone's are not designed specifically to KILL PEOPLE. The Predator DRONE was not originally armed at all and I believe it is still not armed, neither is the Global Hawk DRONE - both of these are reconnaissance DRONES. On the other hand, the Reaper DRONE (looks like a Predator but the stabilizers go up instead of down) is armed with Hellfire A2G missiles -- it was specifically designed to blow things up.

Cant do that with a Phantom :)

Good point........I get annoyed with the term "drone" also. I tell everyone I have a quad-copter not a Drone !
drone definition. In military usage, a pilotless aircraft used for reconnaissance and, more recently, for launching aerial attacks.

Reactions: Topvideos1001
I am a Man, 61 years old , I have no idea what a troll is, I also I hold a private pilots licence for twin engine Aircraft, I have my own business, I am not a fool.
Married with 3 daughters 1 at University studding Astro physics for a Phd.

Anything else ???
How do you feel about us drone operators calling ourselves pilots??

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Because the original comment was aimed at my intelligence Sir.
I dont think it was. It was aimed at an inability to control emotions.

Now this is an inability to control emoticons.:):mad::confused::p:cool::D:eek::(:cool::D:D:oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_O:(:(:mad::mad::confused::confused::confused::confused::p:p:D:oops::oops::p:p

Completely different ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20