Drone world

Reaction score
long time rc pilot but first time drone pilot. I can not find any information on drone worlds range extender and if it performs well or not? I have read p3p out ranges the p4 by alot but i have plans to purchase there p4 excutive kit which is like 3k and i wanna make sure its worth it or if i should just go with the p3p thanks!

The best bang for the buck in drones is the Phantom 3 Advanced. If you catch a good deal you can get one for $599-699. Add 3 batteries, the P3 multi-charger, a few memory cards, an Asus Zenpad 7 or 8, sunshield, & a case or backpack and you are all set for about the price of a base P4.

I don't know about the Executive Kit but $3000 is a lot of money. Whatever model you choose, I would order stock & see what sort of range you get before doing an antenna mod. My stock P3A & P4 can outfly the battery range in clean RF environments. No sense increasing antenna range if the battery is at its limit. If you discover you need more range in congested RF areas you can send off the controller for an antenna upgrade for ~$150. I would only add amps as a last resort because that really bugs up your controller portability & complexity.

Thanks for the advice im gonna deff look into all that cause i was thinking the same thing. If you were to send the controller out for mod what company would you use incase once i get it and decide to have that done? Thanks again

For antenna mods DBS, FPVLR, & Max-UAV come to mind. DBS & Max use itelite panel antennas. These are durable & clean almost looking factory. FPVLR are more specialized and require a bit more care to protect against damage. Max offers these nice snap-in antenna connectors that don't physically modify your controller giving you the option to go back to stock. DBS & FPVLR may offer something similar by now. Myself I'd probably choose a panel-style antenna.

Thanks for the advice im gonna deff look into all that cause i was thinking the same thing. If you were to send the controller out for mod what company would you use incase once i get it and decide to have that done? Thanks again

Reactions: MasterBlaster

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl