Drone World Orders?

Reaction score
New to forum-was wondering if anyone else is having problems with their orders from Drone World.
Ordered DGI Phantom 4 plus bunble pkg. on dec.10. Credit card charged-still no shipping confirmation-no response to emails-live chat-no answer when called.
Whats going on?

I reached out to them 3x with questions back in November prior to ordering a few things and I never heard a peep. Let's just say someone else got my business. Not sure if this is par for the course, but my personal experience.

I ordered a case, and filters on cyber monday. They showed on doorstep dec 21st. Last contact I had was the order was cancelled, so I got one surprise for christmas. Glad I didn't buy another case.

Thx-Even their FB wall shows tons of customers w same issues-my credit card company is investigating-

Last edited:
New to forum-was wondering if anyone else is having problems with their orders from Drone World.
Ordered DGI Phantom 4 plus bunble pkg. on dec.10. Credit card charged-still no shipping confirmation-no response to emails-live chat-no answer when called.
Whats going on?

I got my order, less second battery 1 to 2 weeks more never got it!!!!
Called them ,,,,, could not speak to anyone, email them many times no reply had to call Discover to get my $169.00back!!!!!!!!!
I'll NEVER ORDER from them!!!!!!!! Again!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Update-still no communication whatsoever till last night stating order ready, (34 days from charged to my CC) and can overnight-replied back to cancel and refund like many past calls and emails-still no chargeback on my credit card-very discouraging for i had so much excitement for me at 56 going to a own my first drone -might have bit the bullet and a least finally have my order sent, but can't imagine any kind of tech service or support would be-if any-so i refused-enough of my rant-hope to order soon prob.directly from dgi as soon as i get my refund...............hope to back to this forum with constructive questions from good honest people:)

Update-still no communication whatsoever till last night stating order ready, (34 days from charged to my CC) and can overnight-replied back to cancel and refund like many past calls and emails-still no chargeback on my credit card-very discouraging for i had so much excitement for me at 56 going to a own my first drone -might have bit the bullet and a least finally have my order sent, but can't imagine any kind of tech service or support would be-if any-so i refused-enough of my rant-hope to order soon prob.directly from dgi as soon as i get my refund...............hope to back to this forum with constructive questions from good honest people:)
Dispute your credit card and buy from a another dealer...there are a ton out there and most are GREAT. I'm 55 and bought my first back in June. Bought my P4P from http://aerialmediapros.com/ and received fantastic service. Don't let one bad dealer spoil it for you.

Some of these drone shops seem really sketchy. No walk-ins. "As is" merchandise. No refunds without RMA. 20% restocks. Working out of a postal box number in a Pack-and-Ship store. "We deliver only within a 10 mile radius." Etc. The one the OP lists shows this in the 'About us' part: "Drone World is a sister company of TungstenWorld.com, the largest online retailer of Tungsten Rings & Wedding bands." ??? Dunno, but that seems an odd sister company. Reviews in Yelp and even BBB are telling too on either.

Fwiw, buddy bought a $2K Apple computer from an 'authorized' Apple dealer. Their ads used to show Indian rugs as well as crystal ware along with the computers. He kept getting the brush off back-order excuse with "Hundreds coming in next week and his was next to be shipped" so he waited. Finally one day they stopped answering phones so we drove to their store. Closed up and dark. Fabric store next door said they loaded trucks day before and were gone. Just tables and phones sitting on them. Never got his money back either and we joked about the plane flying overhead as "There they go!" They got schools and the police dept. too according to the news. Apple sold him the computer at their cost since it was an authorized dealer, so he was out about $3K in the end. Sweet.

OP is in NY. Why not try Adorama, B&H Photo, or Best Buy there? All are DJI dealers. Adorama has a 30 day full refund on their website. Best Buy is 15 day. Dunno about B&H Photo.

Personally, I'd go for the P4 Pro and not the P4 Pro + with the screen as it won't allow you to add any auto-flying apps to it as it is a locked OS. Get an ipad Air +Cellular or iPad Pro 9.7" screen where you can add apps like Litchi, Autopilot, Hover, DroneDeploy, etc. I wouldn't touch an Android setup again due to video lag issues once the system gets bloated.

I'm not enamored by mail order either due to possibility of getting a bum unit and dealing with whomever to fix it and the hassle. DJI just doesn't have the QC to give me the warm fuzzies that I'll get a good one having sent two back for issues. These complex things have their quirks, and my one in three wasn't reassuring to try mail order.

Ok -I give up-where is a good deal and honest authorized dealer to purchase from???
Best Buy. You know who they are ,where they are and they're not going anywhere. You can buy on line with free shipping at the same price as other internet stores if you choose or buy direct at their stores .If you have a problem you can either send it back or take it back to any of their stores. They will take care of the problem. They even have a Geek Squad to help you with choices and even set up. I honesty can't believe all the night mares that I have read about on this board and yet future Drone piolets continue to stick their necks out and take a chance with a lot of money on some of these companys anyway. Amazing

Last edited:
Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Ordering from non NY sites saves me that dreaded sales tax tho : almost $200
Kinda reminds me of my dad as a car salesman when i was young,**** or get off the pot :)

I'm thinking of getting a full-blown Inspire 2 with the X5S camera and extra lens so maybe $7,000 or more. Even if I have to buy it in some city nearby and pay sales tax, to box that sucker up and ship it off to get replaced or fixed costs a lot so the headache fee and sales tax I don't mind (Besides, that sort of purchase the state tax board will likely go nuts if audited on and not reported too.). The P4 costs about $45 to ship with insurance. I returned two of those and a computer too so now I prefer to walk into a place like Best Buy and get another and not deal with mail order fixes and waits only to get a questionable refurb out of DJI and not a new one.

Since the Inspire 2 isn't on a local list of brick-and-mortar stores, I'll have to deal with the fly-by-night hobby ones or a mail order one that I can walk into in my state. I'll need to get a written "You'll replace this pile of crap with another should I find it unusable until I get one that works" contract and not their "As is" or "Restocking fee for another" or "We'll ship it to DJI for you" nonsense. One already told me they do not fix the Inspires even though they are an authorized DJI repair shop (Newness. Lack of parts. Etc.) They send those off to DJI.

So I'm super-gun shy of DJI dealers now with a $7K purchase pending. P4 was an eye opener on their QC issues, as was the crappy Samsung Android stuff and the laggy video matters with their awful gear I wasted money on too.

Good luck on your quest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers