DRONE WORLD....are they legit???

Did it have the little stickers on each motor? How about the foam gimbal lock/guard?
Stickers?, Do you mean the gold strips on the front part? Yes. But there are no stickers on the actual rotor motors. Yes it had the white foam in the back of the gimbal when I got it new.

Stickers?, Do you mean the gold strips on the front part? Yes. But there are no stickers on the actual rotor motors. Yes it had the white foam in the back of the gimbal when I got it new.
Likewise, mine that I received just a couple of days ago had the 4 stickers, one covering each motor. The DJI tutorial videos show this. I also had the regular plastic gimbal guard which you see mentioned all the time as well as the little foam piece holding the gimbal as well. The videos that I saw never mentioned the little foam piece. It did have a label on it to remove it.

Likewise, mine that I received just a couple of days ago had the 4 stickers, one covering each motor. The DJI tutorial videos show this. I also had the regular plastic gimbal guard which you see mentioned all the time as well as the little foam piece holding the gimbal as well. The videos that I saw never mentioned the little foam piece. It did have a label on it to remove it.
All those stickers, forgot about those. Yeah, they came with it as well. I studied my bird pretty close to see if it had been used, and I didn't detect any usage. I gave the serial number to DJI to see if they could check if it had any previous flight time (not knowing if they could check for that or not). Their response ensured that any desire to get help from them will be time wasted in my life.

Even without using an app, you should be able to fly the drone. The RC has complete control. I remember not having the phone connected and I could still stat the engines and fly up from what I remember. I think the app has issues as well though.

Well I have had a few problems with my cam saying no signal and I have no video on screen!!!! Well pissed coz I drove 20 mins to my fly zone to arrive there and this problem it's happened 3 times now.when I got back home I uninstalled my Dji app reloaded it and cam and video again.ok went out back to my spot flew 4 times came home recharged batteries went out again 1 flight and install 2 battery and no signal no video well by this time I am so pissed,back home same thing deleat my DJI app reboot and working again ok.then I decide I will just down grade,so I did looking at my firmware on app it tells me it's unknown omg already!!!So -- expletive deleted -- it going to fly anyways well it flys fine no problems.I just get home from one short flight and look at my update it's no longer telling me it's unknown firmware.ok so maybe if -- expletive deleted -- happens reboot your app it worked for me..
You might want to edit your post as I believe they don't tolerate profanity in the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really !! Mine have always came blank . Weird that they would put those on a head of time for some orders.
I've purchased 3 different Phantoms drones in the past 2 years and all 3 have come with the appropriate color labels attached to each arm. I would be Leary if it came blank

The dbsmods.com antenna is only 100 bucks . Drone world sells the exact same antenna for 4x more. It's a Rip off!!
I agree. I've looked at their website and noticed they over charge for most items compared to other websites. They seem to be greedy and take advantage of newbies but as long as you get what you ordered from them, you'll hopefully be happy with your purchase. I've overpaid for many things in my life as well

I ordered two items two days ago from Drone World. I received an email stating they would contact me when the order ships. I've tried to contact them. No response from email. I've called their published phone number (888-901-3108) many times and never got anyone to pick up the phone. I left one message on their answering machine, but have not gotten any response.
I'm afraid they might have gone belly up, but they still accepted my PayPal money.
I hope I'm not out $136.

Reactions: smokinsound
Drone-World.Com and their staff are AMAZING at marketing. They say all of the right stuff like and say things like "Why Choose Us?" "We're #1 in Customer Service. Fast & Free Shipping. Over 10 years in the industry!" In fact, they spend more time updating their website during the holiday season, than they do returning phone calls and emails of paid customers trying to get a hold of them! Nothing feels better than sending a company over $2000 to get the cold shoulder and see new banners pop up on the website saying "FAST & FREE SHIPPING!" "#1 in customer support!"

Here's the long and skinny of how they operate. They overprice a drone kit for you. As a consumer you think you're getting a great deal, a package that will get you on your feet and flying, and you'll have a purchased that bird from an upstanding company who will give you product support when needed, etc. Well, the reality is, is that they really are overpriced, communication is worse than poor, IF you do get a hold of them an ask for re-assurances, the salesman will treat you like you're wasting his time, and that they did nothing wrong. No re-assurances given, no apologies or accountabilities.

This company's business model focuses of sales volume. Drone-World.com is quick to run your credit card, and run from post sales questions, support, and shipping duties. Anyone looking to work with this company should do further searching, only to find out that they promise items are in stock with fast shipping -- and you're likely on a 3-4 week waiting list. They do not go out of their way to alert you that you will be waiting. They simply ignore your phone calls and emails until the time is elapsed and send you your partial order. Think before your purchase with these guys! For a company that has supposedly been around for 10 years, they sure seems like a fly by night outfit. I'd be glad to post invoices to prove my purchase. These guys are insane, and don't care about your satisfaction or appreciate your money. Take it somewhere that does!

I agree. I've looked at their website and noticed they over charge for most items compared to other websites. They seem to be greedy and take advantage of newbies but as long as you get what you ordered from them, you'll hopefully be happy with your purchase. I've overpaid for many things in my life as well
\

I ordered two items two days ago from Drone World. I received an email stating they would contact me when the order ships. I've tried to contact them. No response from email. I've called their published phone number (888-901-3108) many times and never got anyone to pick up the phone. I left one message on their answering machine, but have not gotten any response.
I'm afraid they might have gone belly up, but they still accepted my PayPal money.
I hope I'm not out $136.

You are both correct. This is also my experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31