Drone won't take off

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a phantom 2 vision plus and I'm currently in Italy. The first couple of days it flew no problem. Now it barely flies. I get solid flashing green lights on the bottom and when I go to start it it flashes red fast. On my dji iPhone app it says the drone is at -8.5 feet in height when it's literally 4 feet below me. I assume the drone needs to be plugged in and re calibrated but I don't have my computer available. I'm using someone else's computer and I downloaded the assistant and PC assistant and for some reason the drone won't connect. anyone have any idea on what I can do for a quick fix?

Flashing red lights means either faulty batteries or you are in a no fly zone or there is an issue with GPS, to plug it into a PC you need to install the USB drivers, height shown in the app is never correct to get it show a more correct height wait until the quad has been powered on for a minute then turn it off and turn it back again, the P2 never shows a correct height due to the cheap barometer inside the Naza

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Could it be you're in a DJI P2 no fly zone? You can tell on the boot up. When it gets its 6th satellite, instead of flashing green rapidly 20x, it flashes red rapidly 20x, immediately followed by green rapidly 20x. If that's the case, you aren't going to be able to fly until you move out of the zone.

Wait. Are you saying that some days it works normally, and some days there's a problem? Try different battery. Try different location.
Maybe even find a local drone/RC club for assistance?

Are you taking off on concrete?? There could be rebar in the ground causing your compass to go skitz.

Yes weird things can happen around electromagnetic interferance, here is a weird one caught on tape:

Only happened the one time, go figure!

J Dot
:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20