drone will not link to remote

Reaction score
Hi
I have a phantom 3 standard and I have tried to set my friends identical phantom up for him and I'm having trouble linking the remote, ive tried both ways of connecting the drone to the remote but had no luck, the app works fine and is connected by wi fi and will auto take off and hover and have a view from the camera but when I try to use the remote nothing happens, the green light is on the remote and says its linked when I try it and calibrated both the remote and the drone but no luck, any help would be appreciated.

Both ways? I know of only this way:

linking-remote-controller-410827.jpg

This may be of use:

Last edited:
thanks for that I have been through all the steps and still no joy. i have just successfully linked my remote to my friends drone so its looking like a faulty remote he has emailed the seller to try and get a replacement

Reactions: RadRich
thanks for that I have been through all the steps and still no joy. i have just successfully linked my remote to my friends drone so its looking like a faulty remote he has emailed the seller to try and get a replacement
Good luck. If you or he needs an extra remote, let me know if necessary. I have 3, well, one brand new in box, one modified for external antennas, and one that is broke (control board removed).

Sound like, you got what you needed answered :)

On the original remote...
What was the light status on the bottom of the phantom?
Did it appear that the remote and bird did actually link?

Here you stated, "RC signal lost seems to be on a lot of the time"
Standard - drone wont connect to remote
Was it then linked at the point, green light on remote and green light on bottom of Phantom?

Did you try the reverse, his remote to your phantom?

Rod

thanks for the advice rod, I tried linking his remote to my phantom and still no joy I even did a software update on the phantom via the memory card and it looks like it will have to be sent back as a faulty unit

thanks for the advice rod, I tried linking his remote to my phantom and still no joy I even did a software update on the phantom via the memory card and it looks like it will have to be sent back as a faulty unit
Thanks for the update, and the bad news..

Rod

Hi
I have a phantom 3 standard and I have tried to set my friends identical phantom up for him and I'm having trouble linking the remote, ive tried both ways of connecting the drone to the remote but had no luck, the app works fine and is connected by wi fi and will auto take off and hover and have a view from the camera but when I try to use the remote nothing happens, the green light is on the remote and says its linked when I try it and calibrated both the remote and the drone but no luck, any help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem, did the update but had to do it with the sd card, wouldn't work with wifi, now the remote wont connect to his aircraft , it will not connect to mine, and my remote will connect to his remote and mine, the lights on the remote turn green after beeping , but the light on the drone stays red , do I need to update the remote or is it bad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1