Drone went swimming without floaties

Reaction score
A few weeks ago a charged everything up and took it up for a fly. At about 700 mtrs the return to home kicked in and it returned to overhead.
I then canceled the RTH and started flying in another direction, I noticed that it was also descending slowly while flying. I stopped the flight and noticed it was still descending. DJI App was flashing aircraft disconnected and would not respond to anything I did. At about 12 mtrs up I lost everything on the app, it was like starting the app without the bird turned on. It was only 150 mtrs away from me approx. When I walked to where it came down it was sitting in a foot of water. I have had it sitting in rice for 2 weeks and about to try it with a new battery. Let you know what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hope it works!

Ok have put everything back together after checking all the terminals and cleaning where necessary.
The battery was dead so was able to borrow a battery to test.
Turned on remote and started the App, the fired up the battery on the drone. To my surprise everything worked, the led's flashing, connected to the App and wifi.
I went to calibrate the compass where I struck a problem. Can't seem to calibrate it I have a snapshot of the app showing this. Everything else seems to be working as normal.
Any advise on what maybe wrong ?

cb993c4374a3f4fc54cacce40be643d6.jpg

You can't start the calibration or the calibration fails, have you done an IMU calibration?
Don't try your old battery.

It would be helpful to know what exactly is going wrong here. Are you getting the red/yellow flashing lights on the arms after a calibration? Is the calibration not starting? I am assuming you are calibrating in a good location?
If you are calibrating and it is failing, a new compass unit runs pretty cheap.

It would be helpful to know what exactly is going wrong here. Are you getting the red/yellow flashing lights on the arms after a calibration? Is the calibration not starting? I am assuming you are calibrating in a good location?
If you are calibrating and it is failing, a new compass unit runs pretty cheap.
I am about to fire it up again I will take note of the Led's and take a snapshot of the screen once it is fired up

Cause I was getting no response from the help section, and I need some advise on what to do
Sorry man, but I think the majority, looks like about 100+, could have been waiting on "Let you know what happens."
I was, that's why I spotted your new thread, to me you had done all you good do so far!
Until you try to bring it ALIVE:eek:
We good?

How have you tried to calibrate the compass? The screenshot shows nothing.

After turning everything on it asks to calibrate the compass. Every time I try it fails and the led's all flash red, when I try to re calibrate the led's, flash yellow and green.
The Gimbal also wont calibrate.
Below are two more photos

3c4ff291655add60456198fffb43a495.jpg

97d8d71049b1041327c07fd513f307f1.jpg

You can't start the calibration or the calibration fails, have you done an IMU calibration?
Don't try your old battery.
The calibration fails every time. IMU calibrates fine

Well, that pretty much sums it all up now. You screwed the pooch when you dunked her. Personally, I'd keep it for parts and get another one.

Sorry man, but I think the majority, looks like about 100+, could have been waiting on "Let you know what happens."
I was, that's why I spotted your new thread, to me you had done all you good do so far!
Until you try to bring it ALIVE:eek:
We good?
That's fine, I'm just shitty I can't get it to calibrate, until it does I can't start the motors. Every time I pull the two sticks in to start the drone motors, it says compass calibrate required first

Well, that pretty much sums it all up now. You screwed the pooch when you dunked her. Personally, I'd keep it for parts and get another one.
Squirrel!, or anybody else?
Could a compass fix him up?
@dg8882 Posted "If you are calibrating and it is failing, a new compass unit runs pretty cheap."

That's fine, I'm just shitty I can't get it to calibrate, until it does I can't start the motors. Every time I pull the two sticks in to start the drone motors, it says compass calibrate required first
:)

Yes it might Rod. I've had to replace one on a P2 several times because of getting water in it . Worth a try . Now on the P2 I could open the shell and replace the whole skid with the compass in it or I cold just unsnap the module from the bottom of the cable to do it . Have never messed with the Standard so not sure which way to go on it .

Reactions: RodPad
Yes it might Rod. I've had to replace one on a P2 several times because of getting water in it . Worth a try . Now on the P2 I could open the shell and replace the whole skid with the compass in it or I cold just unsnap the module from the bottom of the cable to do it . Have never messed with the Standard so not sure which way to go on it .
OK , just went and looked at mine and see you can get to that module on the skid. I didn't unscrew it so don't know if it's soldered on or can be snapped on .Most likely have to get the whole skid to get the compass but haven't looked for one . Is early and Arthur has my fingers to stiff to type fast yet :rolleyes:

Squirrel!, or anybody else?
Could a compass fix him up?
@dg8882 Posted "If you are calibrating and it is failing, a new compass unit runs pretty cheap."
Why? The gimbal is also messed up he said...

Why? The gimbal is also messed up he said...
I didn't see that about the gimbal till now Squirrel . 1 foot off water would get that also .
I know your legs must be tired as all I see you do is stand there on that pole ,even though you look asleep ;)

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl