Drone wars...

So now I need to install an anti-drone jammer on my bird?

Someone that hates drones is going to buy one to down one. May the best pilot win, they will soon learn what ring vortex is.

It's vaporware.
Think of it - if they could develop a killer drone that hunts and takes down other drones, that means the killer drone has to find, identify and target another flying object. There is an immense market for that technology that could be repurposed from 'see and attack' to 'see and avoid'.

SteveMann said:
It's vaporware.
Think of it - if they could develop a killer drone that hunts and takes down other drones, that means the killer drone has to find, identify and target another flying object. There is an immense market for that technology that could be repurposed from 'see and attack' to 'see and avoid'.

Well it sounds like a little more than vaporware as they are apparently testing it. (They already can distinguish a drone from a bird)

I think, more likely, it won't be super prolific... But, to your point... If we get to drone deliveries, now they will have to add avoidance because the criminal element would love to try this I am sure.

It also seems pretty irresponsible... The crashed drone could fall anywhere... Through a pool screen...onto a car...or worse onto some person,..

I can think of a few ways to probably beat that drone...

Simple zigzag pattern so that it cannot get a good position above..

Fly under a low tree branch, causing it to fly into the tree or break off pursuit..

Bring my drone back to me at a low altitude and capture it with my own net.

the list goes on..

As they state ( only tested in lab conditions, real world is always a little different )

djl

This would never work.. let's be honest!
A Legal nightmare for one.. and the FAA "LOS" rules...

Anyway, a better option would be to carry on onboard 2.4Ghz /5.8Ghz jammer.. therefor causing a RTH scenario and loss of FPV.

TeamYankee said:
NEVER...is such a long time...
TeamYankee said:
Guess what...there is a whole world out there...outside the influence/rules of the FAA
TeamYankee said:
Anyway, a better option would be to carry on onboard 2.4Ghz /5.8Ghz jammer.. therefor causing a RTH scenario and loss of FPV.
Agreed!

Khudson7 said:
TeamYankee said:
NEVER...is such a long time...

There are a lot of reasons it could work, and will. First off, the military needs this capability so it will (or already has) happened. Secondly, the components are there - RF tracking, vision systems, autopilots, etc.

Khudson7 said:
TeamYankee said:
Guess what...there is a whole world out there...outside the influence/rules of the FAA

Flying UAVs is a legal nightmare at the moment.

Khudson7 said:
TeamYankee said:
Agreed!

Except radio jammers are illegal per the FCC.

Except radio jammers are illegal per the FCC.
There is a whole world outside of the FCC..... There, before someone else says it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic