Drone vs. Drone Near Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just got your P3 didn't you? Waiting to make your first flight aren't you?
Welcome to the list.
I look forward to your future posts.
Yes, just got my P3 - what tipped you off? The fact that I said I'm new? Nice detective work there sherlock, lol.

Anyway, just watched this video again and not sure either of these pilots were flying very responsibly.

Reactions: yorlik
Yes, just got my P3 - what tipped you off? The fact that I said I'm new? Nice detective work there sherlock, lol.

Anyway, just watched this video again and not sure either of these pilots were flying very responsibly.
Well Major Obvious...you just posted that very information yourself moments ago. Said you had just purchased a P3 and that you were waiting for your first flight.
Just wanted to welcome you to our list.

at first glance it looks to me like the other pilot pushed his stick the wrong way, recovered then got out of your way. then when you move in towards him he gave you a wave and moved on. that was my impression. He stood to lose his bird in a collision as well. I'm thinking more ooops than idiot or expert. IMHO.

hey guys i'm new and just stumbled on this video. definitely looked like the other guy was an idiot pilot. you guys claiming he was expert?? did you actually watch video? I hope i never encounter anyone in air trying to get that close to me, i will ram them. Has anyone else ever seen another drone pilot like this while you're flying?

"Ram them"? Seriously?

hey guys i'm new and just stumbled on this video. definitely looked like the other guy was an idiot pilot. you guys claiming he was expert?? did you actually watch video? I hope i never encounter anyone in air trying to get that close to me, i will ram them. Has anyone else ever seen another drone pilot like this while you're flying?

Good point Major.
I actually thought about that after the fact. Next time, I won't just sit there idle. Some action will be taken.

We have the luxury of being warned by signage on the vehicle that we are dealing with a student driver.
If only we had that warning when we encounter other pilots, err, drone operators who lack experience.

Looks like the other pilot was just as surprised as you were and crapped his pants as well. Probably excited to see another Phantom pilot to be honest. Nonetheless, close call.

Since neither appear to have seen the other from their ground location (spotter/LOS) then he may have been flying FPV and was startled (or fooled about the true distance) then maybe was returning but with caution.

Why the rush to assume aggression and critique motives?

A mid-air spells certain 'mutual assured destruction' for both parties so it makes no sense,

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Just fly with about 50' of fishing line lightly twist tied to your legs. Fly over the miscreant and see what happens.

Reactions: sergeant.dodd
I don't think that was a wave. It looked like he was getting ready to charge you again. I like the idea of going after him. It would be worth it to lose my bird to take down someone who's being hostile. Too many drone pilots are so timid and careful. I like to see some balls when flying.
Yes, please video tape yourself flexing your drone muscles!
I for one will laugh out loud at you destroying your drone in an aerial pissing contest.
Please film it.

Reactions: Banderboy
Well Major Obvious...you just posted that very information yourself moments ago. Said you had just purchased a P3 and that you were waiting for your first flight. .
Cool, thanks! i was just kidding around with ya. I appreciate all you guys welcoming me! I made my first flight at lunch today and will be posting a video later!

Reactions: TWP723
Why the rush to assume aggression and critique motives?

A mid-air spells certain 'mutual assured destruction' for both parties so it makes no sense,
Only if you don't know how to fly good. Ram them slightly above to where your skid hits their propeller, this won't hurt your drone and will cause them to crash. And did you not see video - other idiot pilot charged him and backed off at last second. This was act of agression. i would've taken him out or if you're too scared to do that, get close and film his FAA registration number so you can file report. I'm not registering mine, but from what i gather most people do.

Just goes to show how people see what they want.

You see aggression I see curiosity and a lack of spatial awareness by flying FPV without a spotter.

Only if you don't know how to fly good. Ram them slightly above to where your skid hits their propeller, this won't hurt your drone and will cause them to crash. And did you not see video - other idiot pilot charged him and backed off at last second. This was act of agression. i would've taken him out or if you're too scared to do that, get close and film his FAA registration number so you can file report. I'm not registering mine, but from what i gather most people do.
Can't wait to see your video.
And hear more from you...

And Trump.
I tell you one thing, had Trump been flying that drone he would've recognized the other drone charging him like that as the act of agression that it was. And then Trump would've dealt with it accordingly by taking him out. You people need to quit making excuses for that other pilot as being curious and all kumbaya. I don't care if he was an expert pilot, charge me and you're getting grounded Trump (AKA Real Man) Style.

Reactions: smclark21
Beside quad, anyone here fly RC? In a typical field, RC plane fly much faster and around each other all the time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I tell you one thing, had Trump been flying that drone he would've recognized the other drone charging him like that as the act of agression that it was. And then Trump would've dealt with it accordingly by taking him out. You people need to quit making excuses for that other pilot as being curious and all kumbaya. I don't care if he was an expert pilot, charge me and you're getting grounded Trump (AKA Real Man) Style.
Yes, I'm sure you would.
I knew it would be interesting following you...

Reactions: Squirrel!
Beside quad, anyone here fly RC? In a typical field, RC plane fly much faster and around each other all the time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes, I think most of us RC pilots recognize this video for what it is. You can tell the inexperienced pilots here, they view this as an act of aggression and are oblivious to the friendly "wave" the encroaching pilot gave at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20