Drone Travel Info

D

Deleted member 76824

Hi all,

In prep of my first trip abroad with my drone (which I'm very excited about by the way!), I have been doing some research into how best to travel with a Phantom and, although I've found the info needed, it's not always been so easy to find, so I made this video to try and assist others in the same positions.

Hope it helps!!!

J

Great video, thanks for the tips. I'm going to Thailand soon and had not considered airline baggage size for my backpack. I will look into it. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Great video, thanks for the tips. I'm going to Thailand soon and had not considered airline baggage size for my backpack. I will look into it. Cheers

Cheers, yeah would definitely recommend checking airline cabin baggage size restrictions. Each airline is different! Have a great time in Thailand!

Biggest issue is the depth - most airlines have a limit of 23cm (worst is Emirates with 20cm and I hear they're very picky on this) which is usually a couple of cm less that the size of most phantom packs. Having said that I haven't had a problem so far.

On backpacks - I use a camera backpack so it doesn't scream 'drone'. The other thing I prefer is that my pack opens from the back - if I set my pack down on dirt the back and shoulder straps don't get dirty or worse, wet.

Biggest issue is the depth - most airlines have a limit of 23cm (worst is Emirates with 20cm and I hear they're very picky on this) which is usually a couple of cm less that the size of most phantom packs. Having said that I haven't had a problem so far.

On backpacks - I use a camera backpack so it doesn't scream 'drone'. The other thing I prefer is that my pack opens from the back - if I set my pack down on dirt the back and shoulder straps don't get dirty or worse, wet.

That's not a bad idea! Fortunately this backpack does just look like a regular (if not slightly large) backpack from the outside. So far when I've put it down on grass or dirt, it's not been too wet. I guess I'd have to just deal with it if it was and give the straps a wipe down when I got home.

This backpack measures 52 x 36 x 22 cm. The British Airways hand luggage size restrictions are for bags up to 56 x 45 x 25cm.

I just bought the new P4P+. Would you recommend this bag for that drone? Also can you give me a direct link to this bag since there are a few options on amazon that I have found

I just traveled to Jamaica with my backpack and had no issues. Great videos and tips. Here is my travel set up
a4e5e141ad0aa780e5547cd534d534a5.jpg

Can someone help me with this one other question please!?

In my research in to how best to travel with a drone, one thing that has from time to time been mentioned is to cover the electric ports of the P4 batteries with electrical tape.

1: Is this necessary if the batteries are being transported in individual Fire Safe LiPo Bags and taken in my hand luggage?

2: If so, do I tape over just the bottom of the battery when the charger plugs in to it, or do I have to tape over the sides of the battery too where there are some gaps in the silver material?

Thanks,

J

Great info
I have travelled everywhere with my p4. I ve found a hardshell case with foam to work the best for ny needs. The hardshell and foam protect the p4 from knocks

I did have to do lots of cutting of the foam to make all my assessories fit in snuggly but itbgives great protection from knocks which any bag gets when travelling

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Backpack-B...rofessional-Advanced-/252358220830?nav=SEARCH

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4