Drone Tour - Dupont Forrest, NC & Bald Rock, SC

Reaction score
A brief tour of the mountains of NC/SC, including Dupont Forrest, where "The Hunger Games" was filmed. I'm still working on my color grading skills. The first half not so good, but gets a little better later!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Those shots with the mist hanging around the mountains were fantastic!

Were you using an ND filter? In particular, 2:05 looks like it could have been even cooler with a bit less overexposure in the sun corner.

Those shots with the mist hanging around the mountains were fantastic!

Were you using an ND filter? In particular, 2:05 looks like it could have been even cooler with a bit less overexposure in the sun corner.

Thanks! Actually, this is one of the few flights where I didn't use a ND filter, just the clear stock lens protector since I thought the clouds would stick around and be too dark to use anything else. As for the overexposure, if I had simply panned upward a little, I think it would have corrected the exposure since it is center-metered. I usually have the horizon really high in the shot so the terrain will be bright enough to see below the horizon. The sky conditions were always changing, so I probably had the white balance set too low as the sun came out, which made it a little bluer than I would like.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen