Drone tipster hotline...Report UAV activity...

Oh boy I don't think they thought this out to well anytime someone see's a quad flying they will get called on .

More than you know it will get worse .
Sounds like a good idea......form a group and keep calling in from public phones....wearing a ginger wig and beard and thick lens eye glasses! State clearly " I av zumthink to inform, zay are flyink them drunnes mit zer kamera over mien wife how is sunboothing". Then give an address as far away from the police station as possible........

Let's call them and say how cool and polite the flyers were
Better yet, every time we fly, anywhere in the world, report a drone sighting. "I just saw my drone flying in Massachusetts and it was completely uneventful and fun." Or if you didn't fly today - "I saw a drone. It's in my garage on a table."

Most likely this "tip line" will be as useless as an airport noise reporting system where people who chose to live near an airport can call to complain about an aircraft flying over their house. 95% of the complaints usually come from two or three individuals.

The "tip line" definitely wins the "Dumbest idea I've heard all day" award.

Apart from John Wayne movies.... I know nothing about Sacramento - but it sounds a bit like - as usual the village idiots and a local car dealer end up as the council with a stooge Mayor... over reacting to three phone complaints - from the local busybody - because they are doing their "civic duty".

Wait three months then write in demanding - as an honest tax payer - how much civil funds are being wasted keeping this "hotline" open. Better still... get the local agitating newspaper to do it!

This thread is on a very fine line... keep it on topic and positive. No more Nazi, police, etc discussion.
Thanks.

There are ALWAYS going to be stupid humans regarding the operation of Guns, cars, drinking, quad copters etc. Lets hope the ignorant govt. heads down the road of punishment as opposed to restriction like they do with the other areas I mentioned. For the rest of us, use some brain matter and do NOT hover or fly too low over a neighbors home. I wouldn't like it for a number of reasons including safety. If one of these things craps out at 150 feet, it could kill someone in a free fall. But alas, common sense isn't so common.

OK, so I hope everyone has had their say in regards to the heated discussion that was here.
I have cleaned the thread and left the on-topic post.

So once again, please... on topic, relevant discussion is welcome. ;)

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl