Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Drone tipster hotline...Report UAV activity...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n6vmo, Aug 21, 2015.

1. n6vmo

2. saylor

1-844-DRONE11

looooooool

3. snerd

If you see something, say something. We're turning into Mother Russia, with neighbor snitching on neighbor. What a country!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

4. jcknows0

snerd I saw you don't you deny it. Those who have done nothing wrong have nothing to hide.

5. N017RW

I think Heinrich Himmler said that too.

snerd and 750r like this.
  6. snerd

I saw what you did, and I know who you are!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

7. 750r

Oh boy I don't think they thought this out to well anytime someone see's a quad flying they will get called on .
    More than you know it will get worse .

8. AmericanPilot

I know I will probably get a lot of hate for this, but this idea doesn't seem all that unreasonable. I'd rather have someone misidentify me as inhibiting firefighters efforts to fight these devastating fires than make it easy for these few moronic UAS pilots fly over forest fires and potentially cause more damage and put more lives at risk to get a good shot. Besides, with the DJI GO app I can easily show anyone who questions me that I was flying safely and legally.

9. skyeboysteve

Not sure if this was said in jest or not, but I see this phrase thrown around so much, that it annoys me. The fact is, (in the USA) most US citizens commit felonies on a daily basis without even realizing it. http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704471504574438900830760842 Allowing people to spy on your daily activities just makes it easier for the government to put you in their cross hairs--especially if your politics don't match those of the politicians in your jurisdiction. We're living in a country that's increasingly run by people as power hungry and corrupt as the mafia and drug cartels--making life easier for them such as drone hot-lines isn't making anyone's lives safer or better; whether you think you're doing anything wrong or not.

pomonabill220, snerd and 750r like this.
  10. LUISMARTINEZ

"Photographer Jeff Hall likes the idea of more eyes in the sky to put a stop to those putting others in harm’s way.
    “It’s a no-brainer,” he said. “I don’t want people like that giving people like us a bad name and having it used for what it shouldn’t be, when there are so many great purposes for it.”
    AMEN.

11. LUISMARTINEZ

Seriously, with all the bad press we have gotten, a hotline for irresponsible UAV flyers is not a good idea? WE, us, need to get rid of the dridiots. I know there are a lot. But it's a start..... oh s--t, here come all the haters, duck!:eek:

12. BlackOpsTeamster

No hater here Louis. I respect all reasonable and rational opinions and your is certainly reasonable and rational. I just disagree.
    [​IMG]

"Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress."
    Mahatma Gandhi

BOT

#12 BlackOpsTeamster, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  13. AirApparent

Seriously? What do you expect out of the land of fruits and nuts? I really wish California would just break off already.

#13 AirApparent, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
    Youngbill and skyeboysteve like this.
  14. 750r

Do not get me wrong I think if you do wrong you need taken care of but I think they are going to get flooded with calls .

BlackOpsTeamster likes this.
  15. LUISMARTINEZ

blank stare.gif

16. johnv

...but our weather is great! We may not have any water and the government belongs in France,but our weather is good!!! Oh and we have low taxes... but our weather is good, maybe...

17. AirApparent

You win that one John. The weather is good. No getting around that.

18. johnv

and the tax thing was a bit of sarcasm...

AirApparent and BlackOpsTeamster like this.
  19. Bryce

Can't wait... every old lady will be calling in a white bird flying as a "drone sighting". People will just say, "I saw a 'drone' land in the back of John Doe's lawn", got get him! (really, I just think he is annoying and his grass isn't cut properly). Heck, I could just land and take off in the front of someone's house, and that person would get called in? And in the meantime... not ONE life lost., or even NEARLY lost due to RC.

If it was 1945, 1963, 1995, 2001 right now... this wouldn't even be #20 in the news. We are going down the drain fast. They need something newsworthy.. fast. Somebody come up with something!

#19 Bryce, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
  20. BlackOpsTeamster

LMAO... I resemble that remark :D
    Seriously though, I think at least "some" of what's going on is hype and fear mongering by the media that's driving hysteria by the public which puts pressure on the politicians who were asleep at the wheel in regards to just how explosive the growth is in quads and the like. And the politicians? Well, naturally they'll placate the public hysteria with knee jerk reactions. Oh, and throw in just a touch of honest to goodness knuckleheads to spice the recipe up and there ya have it.
    BOT

#20 BlackOpsTeamster, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    pomonabill220 and skyeboysteve like this.