Drone Stunt using Phantom Quadcopter

Public events and large gatherings like that will for sure be off limit without certain pass (how to recognize the pass though? Maybe we'll need ID chips of some sort.).

They can't afford to risk hazardous materials to be dropped off into the crowd or things that may cause stampedes and the likes (dropping off money can cause that, heh).

Surprisingly the can went down pretty softly attached with the three parachutes attached. The main drone that did the drop was a custom built 550. One of the main issues was the wind factor and making sure it landed in the correct spot. I wonder what could be done to improve on accuracy of the drops especially if you were using it in paintball games to drop supplies.

Yeah but while there is no specific law against it, police can't legally do much!

I've flown at events before, each time I did I had the full permission of the event organisers in writing, but in all honesty, if I had a chance be in that video I would have, I also would have been fully prepared with all the relevant rules and regs on hand for when the po po arrive, and there is no chance they would be leaving with my memory card(s) unless they intended to charge me or arrest me on the spot!

I have also offered my services to an organisation who fight for animals rights as a way of obtaining video evidence legally ;)

FilmingSarah said:
Surprisingly the can went down pretty softly attached with the three parachutes attached. The main drone that did the drop was a custom built 550. One of the main issues was the wind factor and making sure it landed in the correct spot. I wonder what could be done to improve on accuracy of the drops especially if you were using it in paintball games to drop supplies.

We would just drop the supplies in and let either team fight to get them. That would be the fun part. At the field I play at it's all about getting folks into the battle, give them a mission to find the stuff.

Driffill said:
Yeah but while there is no specific law against it, police can't legally do much!

I've flown at events before, each time I did I had the full permission of the event organisers in writing, but in all honesty, if I had a chance be in that video I would have, I also would have been fully prepared with all the relevant rules and regs on hand for when the po po arrive, and there is no chance they would be leaving with my memory card(s) unless they intended to charge me or arrest me on the spot!

I have also offered my services to an organisation who fight for animals rights as a way of obtaining video evidence legally ;)

Yeah, in hindsight we should of had the rules ready to be able to fight back. We didn't expect them to want to take the memory cards though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik