Drone stuck in 125 ft tree

I had this happen with a toy quad and I was able to shoot it down with a slingshot and rocks after many attempts. Don't think I would try that with a Phantom. Brother got his P3P stuck in a tree and got a tree service guy to climb and retrieve it.

I had this happen with a toy quad and I was able to shoot it down with a slingshot and rocks after many attempts. Don't think I would try that with a Phantom. Brother got his P3P stuck in a tree and got a tree service guy to climb and retrieve it.
149117248191623569692.jpg
this tree is a little drone catcher,,,many been stuck here,,this off my deck

Reactions: randev
Agree, it really depends if live urban or rural. You might find a teenager willing to make a few bucks cash and do some work. Good luck

Reactions: Thedoc
The tree is pretty high would never risk a life for a drone, but I have 2 tree companies coming out licensed and insured so I will see if it is worth it and update thanks for positive wishes

Get another drone and fasten a hook to it and try a drone 2 drone rescue
... Also hope it don't rain

Tree company said they coming tomorrow charge $125

Im glad to have read your post.. I will be more cautious when I fly from now on.. I almost always ascend to an even 100 feet and do most of my cruising around nearby at that distance just assuming the surrounding trees did not exceed 100... I'll now take it on up to about 150 just to be on the safe side..

Im glad to have read your post.. I will be more cautious when I fly from now on.. I almost always ascend to an even 100 feet and do most of my cruising around nearby at that distance just assuming the surrounding trees did not exceed 100... I'll now take it on up to about 150 just to be on the safe side..

I believe that's what the forum is for, to learn from each other and thanks for wishes hopefully it works out if not will have a sale on remaining stuff and get a Mavic

If tree or other object sticks above the distant horizon in camera view, fly around it or ascend.

I once had my drone stuck to a tree very tall in my backyard...I couldn't find a tall enough ladder to save my drone so I came up with a risky solution. I made a air bed out of a inflatable boat just under the branch which the drone was stuck... Then I shot that tree branch with my shotgun... I used 12 gauge slug to prevent the spread and accidentally shoot the drone... You know what? It actually worked and the drone landed on the air bed exactly where I had anticipated. I was able to save my drone but it was a pure luck...

I DON'T recommend this method and it is dangerous! Guns and drones don't get along well and you may end up actually wasting your drone instead of saving it or even worse... hurt someone or yourself...
I just wanted to share my experience and recommend exactly what not to do...

Maybe a bow and arrow with a rope on the arrow.? Like you fish with...Might get the rope over the limb and shake it loose?

That's similar to what I did.. I used the bottom half of a fishing pole and loaded the reel with 50lb braided line. I tied a 2oz sinker to the line, and shot the sinker with a slingshot over the limb holding the drone, then lowered the sinker until I could grab it, then shook like crazy until the drone fell out.. took about 30 mins but worked perfectly

Great news got it down one propeller broke and one guard will post pictures later of guy climbing the tree said it was the highest he ever been in his 15 years

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers