Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Drone Slayer' claims victory in court

Discussion in 'News' started by envisionabove, Oct 27, 2015.

1. envisionabove

Makes you really want to fly huh?

'Drone Slayer' claims victory in court

BULLITT COUNTY, KY (WAVE) – The man who calls himself the "Drone Slayer" called a judge's decision a victory.

Bullitt County Judge Rebecca Ward on Monday dismissed the case against William H. Merideth, who admitted to shooting down a drone he said was hovering over his home last July.

#1 envisionabove, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  2. snerd

The rule of law is steadily being replaced by judges rule. Her selective enforcement of the law is only going to encourage more vigilante justice. A very troubling decision in this case for sure.

3. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

A sad day for justice. I guess it's OK to start shooting into the open air now.

4. bbfpv

He will appeal, and win. The witnesses didn't even testify. Plus, how can a judge set the precedent that discharging a firearm at something you think is spying on you is acceptable behavior? So if I stand at the edge of his back yard with a video camera and he shoots me in the face, that's ok too? ffs my doubts for the survival of humanity increases every day lately.

kenjancef likes this.
  5. envisionabove

I have heard a few people walk by and say that's what a shotgun is for and I will shoot them down if they come near my house. Most seem to be older 70's 80's that say crap like this.
    Then if we mix the Drunks into the mix what a mess. The Judge is wrong and maybe FAA needs to get in gear before someone gets hurt from this Judges action.

It adds a new meaning to Fly safe now.

PS: Some loon in the comments trying to be helpful explains how a pellet can take one down, Last I knew Air Rifles don't have the residential rules Guns carry in most states, and they are not as loud.