Drone shooting - illegal in the United States

Most people get enough "invasion" of privacy while in the public.
Cameras are everywhere in many countries and people simply don't like being "watched" all the time.

When they are home in their own little private "country" they are hypersensitive to "cameras" and understandably so. All need some area of privacy.

The issue is understanding the situation at hand if / when a drone is seen. Much better to fully understand the situation and the intent before reacting emotionally.

I say yes. One of the reasons some people purchase rural is increased reasonable expectation of privacy. If they go through the trouble of having a rural, tree lined property then they do have the right to defend that. Sort of. Not that I want it to happen but I would really find it interesting to see a privacy and drone advocate face off in court. If they bought rural for that purpose specifically then a camera overhead is most definitely interfering with the enjoyment of their property.

It would come down to remaining in motion or not. If the "shooter" first shot with a camera several times I think any future real shot would be completely justified.

And I'm a drone lover.
Interesting to consider where this will fall.
The thing is, in the USA you don't own the airspace above your land so it is pretty tough to win that fight. You own the "useable" space above your property so about 30' above your highest structure. The FAA controls everything else. Look up the US vs. Causby court case.

I think so. In the early days, before there were a lot of drone owners out there the first questioned ask was "what is it", the second was "does it have a camera on it?"

In a day and age when everyone tells the world their every move on FB, Twitter, etc. Taking pictures of their house, their new boat, their new car, kids. They even post when and where they're going on vacation. But they're worried about a drone flying above their house claiming 'invasion of privacy'.

I don't get it...

In a day and age when everyone tells the world their every move on FB, Twitter, etc. Taking pictures of their house, their new boat, their new car, kids. They even post when and where they're going on vacation. But they're worried about a drone flying above their house claiming 'invasion of privacy'.

I don't get it...
Add to that having their DNA voluntarily sampled and recorded by companies like 23 and me and others.

Reactions: TWP723
In the former you choose to,
in the latter you don't.

It's also a loss of control.

'Voluntary'... says it all.

Ahhhh ok. That's probably it. No control.

So why wasn't there a ban on Google Street View cams as an invasion of privacy... why weren't people shooting at them to stop them? They have caught all kinds of crazy stuff with their lenses.

So why wasn't there a ban on Google Street View cams as an invasion of privacy... why weren't people shooting at them to stop them? They have caught all kinds of crazy stuff with their lenses.

This is true. Maybe because of their enormity and legal support. idk..

If it's visible from the 'street' it's [obviously] Public.

If it's visible from the 'street' it's [obviously] Public.
I am curious, what is your opinion of small aircraft that fly over a nudist camp I know of? They go slow & low... public? Or no?

I made a few specific distinctions in my post for that reason though. Tree lined meaning they DO expect privacy from the street and pictures of multiple flights over at different times could constitute repeated invasion thus giving just cause. (Im making that up--wasnt the case of OP here) I am aware of the Crosby case. There would need to be some ideal specifics involved to make sure the fundamental points even had a chance to face off legally.

Otherwise, I suspect Crosby will continue to hold water.

Rednecks can't shoot satellites or I assume we would have already had this discussion on the Google forum ;)

Rednecks can't shoot satellites or I assume we would have already had this discussion on the Google forum ;)
Rednecks are not the only ones that shoot and I resent that .Why always Rednecks ?
We just hit what we aim at .

;)

Reactions: TWP723 and 750r
I am a redneck what are you trying to say or you just trying to be funny ?
Way I see it once I walk out my door privacy is gone even at my farm 180 acres I have planes and choppers flying low below 400' sometimes with many passes they spying on me ? Maybe since I'm a redneck I should start shooting at them o_O

Reactions: dirkclod
Way I see it once I walk out my door privacy is gone even at my farm 180 acres I have planes and choppers flying low below 400' sometimes with many passes they spying on me ? Maybe since I'm a redneck I should start shooting at them o_O
If you're near an airport you could have aircraft activity. They could also be crop-dusters. Shooting at them is NOT advised.

I am pretty sure you will have your redneck card pulled if you aren't. :D
C'mon over set a spell and we'll talk about it, just ring the bell...

I am curious, what is your opinion of small aircraft that fly over a nudist camp I know of? They go slow & low... public? Or no?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's public. Mainly, because I think it would be hard to prove the "low" and the "slow" part of it. How does the nudists know what my altitude is? How do they know if I'm "slowing up"? What if that's my approach to an airport? Low and slow? Of course if there's an airport close by? LOL

How does the nudists know what my altitude is? How do they know if I'm "slowing up"?
Cause I can hear when they power down the engines .
blank stare.png
Whoops

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20