Drone Safe Seating At Harvard

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
There was a drone event today at Harvard. They had a seating area set up under a net shelter. :)
I wonder if we will see this type of shelter popping up more frequently in the near future.

CQ-H-7uVAAIU5Ja.jpg

CQ9-jdiWEAA5ftN.jpg

See more here...
SOURCE - #HarvardRoboticsFly op Twitter

I listed the source in my post but it had to do with drone based delivery and such. There are lots of links in the link I posted. ;)

I just found the "net tent" interesting.

Reactions: dirkclod
Ah, I missed that. So it was a drone exhibit, kind of, but they weren't taking any chances!

There's a Ted Talk where a presenter demonstrates automation of drones, and he's in a huge netted area.
Several drone expos have them being demonstrated in netted areas.
I guess the insurance companies insist on such things to provide the public liability.

Reactions: Ti22
Public/private property managers have likely been warned by insurers and they aren't taking any chances.

I was at AirVenture this summer and they had a "drone cage" set up with netting. They were doing a lot of demonstrations and letting people try them out, so it was a great safety precaution, and it kept people from walking through where they were flying.

I listed the source in my post but it had to do with drone based delivery and such. There are lots of links in the link I posted. ;)

I just found the "net tent" interesting.

Yea, sorry... stupid me didn't see that until after I posted, of course... I hate when that happens... :(

Thanks for showing this. I work for the company that built the nets for this seating area. We have been building a lot of cages, barriers, and course nets for different drone companies and universities. Our site is www.usnetting.com . We are seeing an increase in people purchasing netting specifically for racing and have just helped the drone racing league get some nets put together for their big event.

Thanks again for sharing!

Ed

There was a drone event today at Harvard. They had a seating area set up under a net shelter. :)
I wonder if we will see this type of shelter popping up more frequently in the near future.

CQ-H-7uVAAIU5Ja.jpg

CQ9-jdiWEAA5ftN.jpg

See more here...
SOURCE - #HarvardRoboticsFly op Twitter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers