Drone regulations in some european and asian countries

Reaction score
I had two people research drone regulations in these countries: Italy, Germany, France, Romania, Turkey, Hungary, Russia, Croatia, Serbia, Greece, Thailand, and Nepal.

I haven't done much yet to check their work, and since I'm travelling I may not get to soon, so I wanted to share what I have so far.
Check the attached Word file.

I didn't know about this page from DJI when I requested the research, so also keep this one in mind: Fly Safe | DJI

For those who are more concerned about the reality on the ground than the law at a specific country, I had an interesting experience in Bucharest, Romania. I flew my Phantom 3 in the city center (the Old Town) and in parks on several days, including over streets. Probably about 15 batteries total. Never had a single problem. And now that I research in detail the regulations in Romania I find that I actually needed to be registered with the Romanian aviation authority and a bunch of other requisites a casual tourist can't possibly go through the trouble of meeting. The most telling experience was one day at Izvor park, which is right across the Parliament building. There was an event, people gathered in a circle, and the organizers asked me to film the event. There was a police car stationed right in front. I had the organizers ask the policemen if I could film and they said "yes, sure." (I didn't fly over the gathering, but around it.)

My takeaway is that in an eastern european country, if you use common sense and don't try to drone around a military base, laws don't matter much. Probably in western europe a more conservative approach is warranted.

Anyway, the research is attached.

Attachments

• Drones Europe and Asia (selected).zip
    196.5 KB · Views: 797
Yes, here in Romania we have a lot of drone operators that film weddings and nobody asks them if the copter is registered or not. The fines are high (arround 5000 EUR minimum, up to 8000 EUR), but I haven't heard of a single person being fined. I am very curious to see what will happen in the future :) Hope for the best!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav