Drone regulations for Santorini

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know there a few posts on this but I still can't find any definitive answer. Would someone happen to know where I can go to get clearance to fly my drone in Santorini? I saw a post noting that the Aviation Agency of Greece is in the process of listing the application on its website but nothing has happened yet. Thanks!

I'm now at Santorini after leaving my Mavic at home because I wasn't sure if it is allowed. I spoke with the reception guy and he says there are a lot of drones all the time flying around the island. Specially between Oia and Fira. The landscape is AMAZING!!! I'm angry with myself for not bringing the Mavic with me.

Attachments

• IMG_4037.JPG
    IMG_4037.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 835
I'm now at Santorini after leaving my Mavic at home because I wasn't sure if it is allowed. I spoke with the reception guy and he says there are a lot of drones all the time flying around the island. Specially between Oia and Fira. The landscape is AMAZING!!! I'm angry with myself for not bringing the Mavic with me.
I'm on my way to santorini in the next 2 days. Thanks for the up-to-date info fellas. Sorry you didn't take you didn't take your mavic man. I'll post some footage soon.

Glad I could help. Today I saw 2 phantoms flying around in the area (we are staying at Imerovigli ) in any case I suggest to keep a low profile while you fly. You must video Skaros Rock and the church behind it. It is one of the amazing things in Santorini. You will have a great time, I'm sure. The attached pic of Skaros Rock was just taking from my room. Enjoy your stay my friend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,118
I believe the truth is in between, I've described the situation as it is and from the eyes of a local. I'm not arguing with the info you provided but flying a drone in Santorini (in a responsible manner of course ) is only a minor addition to the large amount of seagulls flying around. I truly believe that the revolution will be stronger than the regulation.

I believe the truth is in between, I've described the situation as it is and from the eyes of a local. I'm not arguing with the info you provided but flying a drone in Santorini (in a responsible manner of course ) is only a minor addition to the large amount of seagulls flying around. I truly believe that the revolution will be stronger than the regulation.
The "truth" is what HCAA has said. Not what your reality is. You make your own justification based on seagulls in the area? Seriously? I guess that give everyone the right to just decide where they can fly. You talk of "revolution" but your kind of rebel thinking will kill the revolution for everyone.

There's an airport right in the middle of the island and it's not a big island. The rule (truth) is 8km radius. You talk about flying responsibly but then choose to ignore the regulations?

The "truth" is what HCAA has said. Not what your reality is. You make your own justification based on seagulls in the area? Seriously? I guess that give everyone the right to just decide where they can fly. You talk of "revolution" but your kind of rebel thinking will kill the revolution for everyone.

There's an airport right in the middle of the island and it's not a big island. The rule (truth) is 8km radius. You talk about flying responsibly but then choose to ignore the regulations?
Hi there,
it is like Canadien drone regulation - A joke! did you saw that no fly zones on islands of Greece? Did you saw that form??? You want to go on a holiday, you are responsible, learn the regulation and then you find out that the form has field like "start time", "coordination of your flight path" "description of place you want to be flying"...totally out of this world. I want to go in line with regulation, but they are creating a monster. I go on holiday, I have a drone, when a saw something interesting and regulation allows me to fly, I want to fly. But NO, I have to think where I want to fly, when, what is there, etc. I know that Santorini is small island, that there is a airport in the middle, but 8km is too much - is it completely safe to fly a drone e.g. max 50m in some areas of the island, but no - you can not, because 8km. I know, it is a law, we can talk about it for hours, but stupid rule anyway. This is crazy!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan