Drone regulation, FAA, Registration Process Skip The Registration Companies – FAA Expect

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have seen a guaranteed 333 for as high as $1500. Here is a quote from the story...

"Owners should wait until additional details about the forthcoming drone registration system are announced later this month before paying anyone to do the work for them," the FAA said on Nov. 16. "At least one company is already offering to help people register their drones for a fee."

The FAA specifically asked the task force to come up with a blue print that would be simple enough for consumers to use, so as to be able to do it themselves. Chances are, consumers won't need a registration firm to do the job for them.

Some websites have put up ads, claiming that they can register a drone for a $25 fee.

Skip The Registration Companies – FAA Expects Drone Registration Process To Be Simple

Reactions: snerd
333 exemptions are easy, they are public record, find one you like...copy, paste, update...submit.
Indeed! Then, try and find a licensed pilot to fly your drone for you during all jobs, at a rate you can still make a reasonable profit at. That's the hard part! :cool:

Indeed! Then, try and find a licensed pilot to fly your drone for you during all jobs, at a rate you can still make a reasonable profit at. That's the hard part! :cool:

Yep... unless you have $5,000 or whatever it is to get your own pilots license...

Yep... unless you have $5,000 or whatever it is to get your own pilots license...
Not to mention the 3 to 6 month time commitment, which is why I doubt a licensed pilot will accept $10-25 an hour to fly someone else's drone, while the client is paying the drone owner $250-$500 per hour! If I were the pilot in that situation, I would be asking for 50% of the rate charged the client, if not more!:cool:

Which hopefully by then the FAA will have eliminated that stupid requirement anyway...
Fingers crossed, but when they do, they will also simultaneously remove the 333 exemption requirement and replace it with something new.

Today is the big day (December 21st, 2015). Just went to the registration site and there is no web app working yet to register.
Figures they'd miss their date: it is a government organization so by definition incompetent. I cannot describe how confident this makes me feel that they'll do the right thing for drone owners on this. Not.

Today is the big day (December 21st, 2015). Just went to the registration site and there is no web app working yet to register.
Figures they'd miss their date: it is a government organization so by definition incompetent. I cannot describe how confident this makes me feel that they'll do the right thing for drone owners on this. Not.

Ahhh, maybe it's intermittent due to demand but there are many who have registered today and posted their number.

Ahhh, maybe it's intermittent due to demand but there are many who have registered today and posted their number.

That is good to know. The registration app seems to have no active link,, while the FAQ and other links all work but you could be right. I have a month, I'll try again tomorrow and see.

Anyone have a link that works. The link I have (Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Registration) doesn't provide a live link to any registration application. It just shows the same page they've had up a weeks with functioning document links but the blue button for registration is inert.

Update: FYI: The problem seems to be Apple Safari on OS X. I was able to register using Google Chrome instead. You'd think the FAA would have tested Safari LOL. As I said, confidence level is low on this one.

Last edited:
Just spoke with the Tampa office of the FAA 813 287 4900 ...... Gal said that the site is probably not up yet..... I asked "probably?" She said several of the guys at the Tampa office tried to use the site and were not able to find the form. Sorta like the Obamacare website. Why would we expect the government to do what says when it says..
And they are "overseeing" safety ?

Anyone have a link that works. The link I have (Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Registration) doesn't provide a live link to any registration application. It just shows the same page they've had up a weeks with functioning document links but the blue button for registration is inert.

Update: FYI: The problem seems to be Apple Safari on OS X. I was able to register using Google Chrome instead. You'd think the FAA would have tested Safari LOL. As I said, confidence level is low on this one.
This worked for me. sUAS Registration

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj