Drone Registration

did you not read my post. DJI is not going to sue the operator. They are going to deflect blame from themselves to the operator should their product malfunction

Yes, I read it. I just don't understand why you are concerned about what DJI may or may not do in the case you described. Are you thinking you'll hire them as an expert witness at your trial & they will sell you out? You make it sound like unless you have someone else to take the blame then you aren't going to man up if something happens. You'll just slip out the back.

The only real thing that local authorities can hang their hat on is "do you have your registration?" And you must show it per FAA printed or electronically
I've seen a few people have their drones confiscated by local police and reported to FAA
I'm sure you would get it back and a warning but I can't imagine how long it would take the government to respond

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

In the U.S. many places are off limits for take-off, operations, and landings and under 'control' of local authorities. IMO there's plenty to hang their hat on.
Not having a registration would further complicate matters and likely escalate a situation that might otherwise have been just a warning and request to leave.

If you fear greatly that you are going to harm anther human being with your drone, then I urge you to contact your insurance company immediately. You can most certainly buy insurance to cover those types of extreme situations.
Yes, I read it. I just don't understand why you are concerned about what DJI may or may not do in the case you described. Are you thinking you'll hire them as an expert witness at your trial & they will sell you out? You make it sound like unless you have someone else to take the blame then you aren't going to man up if something happens. You'll just slip out the back.

Apparently you didn't read because it is pretty clear. if you had a random flyaway that is not your fault and you were doing everything within the lawful parameters of flying it responsibly, and it caused injury or damage, DJI is not going to step up to the plate and say "sorry our bad it was a faulty unit" they are going to place the blame solely on the operator. Take a look in the instruction booklet and I bet you can find phrases that negate any liability. The phantom comes down on a crowd of people and slices someone in the face, what do you think that lawyer is going to ask for? A couple million? They are not getting it out of DJI so who are they going to go after next? The operator. I don't know about you but that would bankrupt me.

I registered mine, the point of this whole conversation is the registration is a reverse incentive and a poorly thought out idea., I don't blame people who don't want to register theirs.

the registration is a reverse incentive and a poorly thought out idea
That's your opinion. If you feel that strongly about it, you should seek legal advice and get the proper insurance to cover yourself.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj