Drone Policy

They can prohibit a person from operating a drone while on their property but not a drone flying over their property. The most they could do is contact the police and claim that the operator was flying in a reckless (unsafe) manner.

But think about it... if you are no on their property what could they do to you?

Reactions: cfd701
This part - "This prohibition includes but is not limited to, Aircraft launched off-site that travels anywhere on or above Resort property." - is unenforceable by them. Only the FAA controls this airspace. If you are staying there and you fly there they may kick you out if they know you are flying, but for some other reason. They cannot control the airspace above them.

I'd say the major airlines aren't going to be happy about it. ;)

The wording says "unauthorized"....so you have a FAA license hence you are authorized by the FAA.

While I agree enforcing airspace use restrictions is beyond the Resort's purview, registering your drone is not a License.

While I agree enforcing airspace use restrictions is beyond the Resort's purview, registering your drone is not a License.

True but registering your drone is the current way to authorize your use to fly in the USA (non-commercial).

This part - "This prohibition includes but is not limited to, Aircraft launched off-site that travels anywhere on or above Resort property." - is unenforceable by them. Only the FAA controls this airspace. If you are staying there and you fly there they may kick you out if they know you are flying, but for some other reason. They cannot control the airspace above them.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I didn't think that they could enforce it. Since I own property there it would be difficult to kick me out. Doesn't property owners airspace extend up to 88ft, or is it 200ft AGL? If I stay above that altitude I wouldn't be violating anyone rights. Btw Angel Fire is a ski area in NM.

You have no explicit altitude or other rights which would allow you drone usage beyond FAA sUAS Guidelines.
As long as you are registered and not violating any FAA guidelines or Resort rules you should be fine.

Record everything in case someone fabricates violations so you can show video evidence.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20