Drone Photography-Night Cityscape Tutorial.

Reaction score
Shooting the city landscape at night can provide some real challenges. Vibrations of drone, exposure setting and the tiniest of movements can make or break a good shot. Therefore, it is always a good idea to see what basics you may be missing as well as explore what type of angles work best when flying at night as well as getting those cinematic shots in. Below is a video that can provide some great examples of how to get the most out of your quad's camera:

How does one get permission to fly at night? The $5 "registered drone with the FAA" says I can't fly at night. Just curious what level/license would I need to get to be able to fly at night? Thanks!

Great tutorial. Well done!

Kykazaa, the night restriction only applies for Part 107 commercial flights. A waiver is required if you plan to fly at night under Part 107. However, as a hobbyist, the only requirement is to maintain line of sight which is possible via the LEDs.

Reactions: bstanton89
Great tutorial. Well done!

Kykazaa, the night restriction only applies for Part 107 commercial flights. A waiver is required if you plan to fly at night under Part 107. However, as a hobbyist, the only requirement is to maintain line of sight which is possible via the LEDs.
Newbie question here, if I get my part 107 down the road and decide I want to make a night flight but not for hire, would that be legal?

Sent from my XT1650 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1