Drone parachute?!! Why?

Reaction score
Emergency drone parachute is essential for drones especially for the quad ones. so u dont lose it for a sudden stop motor or crashing to unseen high wires or obstacles. i had an ESC issue and parachute saved my drone.
Its sold for 100$ and works like a swiss watch.

Which parachute did you use?

Attachments

• 1466107902290.jpg
    1466107902290.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 711
Then the wind catches the parachute and it drifts away. Seems like a waste. The phantoms don't have a spare channel to activate it, unless it senses a potential crash and self deployed. That seems like a accident waiting to happen. A false deployment into the props.

They say it can be adjusted for the phantom and works autonomously:
Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Not a lot of details though, like how much it weighs and what triggers it. Im assuming a free fall detection.

I dont know if the above system is any good, but the concept really isnt that crazy at all. Ive seen tests of similar systems and they do work. The chute points downward, so even an accidental deployement is probably not a big deal. And yeah, obviously it will drift in the wind. Duh. Its a rescue system meant to prevent your drone from crashing in to a 100s of pieces. Its not a RTH.

Here is another system that is intended for the phantom:
Hobby series, Skycat XS for Phantom 3 and 1 - 3 kg sUAV

It doesnt work autonomously it appears, they use a modified transmitter that they turned in to a giant red emergency button. Kinda cute :)

They say it can be adjusted for the phantom and works autonomously:
Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Not a lot of details though, like how much it weighs and what triggers it. Im assuming a free fall detection.

I dont know if the above system is any good, but the concept really isnt that crazy at all. Ive seen tests of similar systems and they do work. The chute points downward, so even an accidental deployement is probably not a big deal. And yeah, obviously it will drift in the wind. Duh. Its a rescue system meant to prevent your drone from crashing in to a 100s of pieces. Its not a RTH.

Here is another system that is intended for the phantom:
Hobby series, Skycat XS for Phantom 3 and 1 - 3 kg sUAV

It doesnt work autonomously it appears, they use a modified transmitter that they turned in to a giant red emergency button. Kinda cute :)
Sorry. Am driving cant type to much. Its weight less than 500g. I guess about 300. When i get back home i try measuring it.and no there is no transmitter to trigger it coz it worked automaticly with my bird. Means it has a speed dropping sensor which triggers it. I tried using it in low heights but it didnt work so it works i guess when it is 10m height or more.
Hope that helps u.

300gr would be a LOT. The Skycat I linked weighs 85gr (sans battery or receiver). and the vendor says the system reduces flight time by 3 to 4 minutes.

And not working below 10m.. Good luck with your tests at higher altitudes. You're a brave man.

I will weight it when i get back home. And yes tried dropping it from low hight 6 8m. But without the bird of coures. Not that much brave LOL.

Ok once deployed can you fold it back or something ? I mean to reuse it? How else could we actually test it if it really works

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj