Drone orientation

Reaction score
Hi, I need some help with the orientation of the drone with respect to the app. I have the phantom 3 pro, is my third fly and I noticed the arrow on the app. doesn't match the actual direction of the drone. I had the phantom standard before and never had that issue before. Any help or advice would be apreciated.

You need to calibrate the compass on your tablet or phone whichever you are using. If it doesn't have a compass get a compass app from your app store. i had same problem and this fixed it.

You need to calibrate the compass on your tablet or phone whichever you are using. If it doesn't have a compass get a compass app from your app store. i had same problem and this fixed it.

Correct. Compass of tablet and aircraft both should be calibrated. Also please note that tablet shows the direction of the aircraft with respect to the home point and not from the point you are standing.

Thanks for those advice, I'm going to make sure to calibrated the compass . I use the iPhone 7+. Hope this could fix the problem , in long fly I rely on the arrow to move the drone toward me and not to use RTH.

Reactions: embayweather
Hi, I need some help with the orientation of the drone with respect to the app. I have the phantom 3 pro, is my third fly and I noticed the arrow on the app. doesn't match the actual direction of the drone. I had the phantom standard before and never had that issue before. Any help or advice would be apreciated.
If you do not have a magnetometer in your tab/phone, the bird will show its orientation vs north. (by default, it will do this anyway, regardless if you have a internal compass on tablet.)

You can unlock the compass from the map, (by touching the compass icon on the map) so it is not locked to north reference, then the red arrow representing the AC will always point whatever direction the AC is pointing.(with respect to the controller) This way, you always know what direction the drone is pointing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic