Drone news everywhere

Reaction score
This morning on CNBC some guy, not sure who he represented was talking about regulating drones!!! He mentioned the amateurs were the ones causing the problems and they needed the most regulation!!!! I'm going to look further to see if I can find the interview later on.....

Happy Turkey Day

CaptMike said:
Yea... I'm feeling kinda Squashed from all the Negative Publicity. Looks like they are going to make Criminals out of all of us.

Try being a drone owner, gun owner and offroad enthusiast....all 3 hobbies being attacked :cry:

I wonder just how many of these so called drone sightings by fixed wing aircraft at 3 - 4000 feet on runway approaches are actually hobby aircraft.

Think about it, at speeds in excess of 100 knots PH and while in preparation for landing, just how likely are you to really take notice of an aircraft like a phantom for example which is at the most 12 inches across and white? I suspect that many of the sightings are actually government aircraft. Take for instance the second to the last paragraph in this article in today's Guardian http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/27/gopro-consumer-drones-faa-aviation-risks where it states

"A separate investigation by the Washington Post earlier in 2014 found that more than 400 large US military drones had crashed around the world in the past 13 years, including collisions with homes, runways, and one air force transport plane in midair".

Of coursed even that s a particularly low number but I suspect that drone has become such a sexy word that any time the media can use it they will.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj