Drone Mods UAV Locator - GPS Tracker

I have ordered this product and then tried to communicate with Drone- Mods.com via email and phone and can get no reply as to when it will be shipped. I will cancel my PayPal payment for this because if their communication is any indication of their product, I am not impressed. Buyer beware.
I received an immediate email and it included a tracking number.

Reactions: natedecker585
I am sorry other people may have had problems, but I wanted to say i just received my UAV locator from Drone Mods and have received nothing but timely and professional help from Bob Lorincz at the company. One of the questions was the result of my not reading the directions closely enough. He was not at all rude. I am not affiliated with the company in any way, just a satisfied customer.
I paid for UPS express. I did not see the tracking number in the email and I called and emailed and no response. It arrived today and it works great. Of course it should have arrived on Saturday but heck it did finally arrive.

I paid for the 1 year service and after 6 months its not working called him and email no response wish i knew what network its on so i can get service.

I am considering this locator and another brand.
What seems to be lacking in the descriptions of these locators is the cell network they use... 2G/3G/4G etc.
I know that 2G is going to go away next year, or the beginning of 2017 (depends on who you talk to), and the 2G is going to start scaling back in 2016, so buying a locator that uses 2G is going to be short lived.
What I would like to know is what network the UAV locator uses.... plain and simple.

Kinda long winded.....

I originally bought the older Trakimo that uses the 2G network, about a year ago (2016), knowing that 2G is supposed to go away.
At the time, I planned on updating to the 3G version when they come out, and was getting the one free year of 2G service on the one I bought.

Since then, I have been reading about other tracker/locators and watched some reviews about them.
The Trakimo worked great, but typical of GPS, the location did bounce around some when the Trakimo wasn't moving, but always corrected itself.

Now, with the $60 for one year of cell service for the Trakimo, and the question as to whether or not 2G is going to continue, I have re-thought this and purchased a Marco Polo.
My reasoning was... IF 2G goes away, I will have to buy another Trakimo and cell service... probably around $180, and $60 per year for cell service. I found the Marco Polo for $190 and NO more charges.

The "disadvantage" of the MP is it's range... from 2K feet to ~2 miles. The Trakimo is unlimited IF and ONLY IF it can get cell coverage... this can be non-existant in valleys/mountains/some locations, so it would NOT work.
The MP will always work as it does not depend on cell service.

These are MY opinions and thoughts ONLY!
Realistically, the prices are about the same.
The Trakimo is a great device and idea... it's just the cost and yearly fee that puts it off for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20