Drone Mods UAV Locator - GPS Tracker

I purchased one and received it yesterday and the only thing in the box was a small quick start guide. As for a single page instruction sheet, I didn't receive one. I'm a little pissed. I turned the thing on, got the flashing green LED, set it outside for over an hour and nothing! The only thing I see that might maybe be part of a phone number is where some marked the end of the box with a marker with 4 numbers. I've emailed and called with no reply at this time. They only allow 14 days to return so I wish the hell they would reply!

I would think if it was working correctly I would receive an email after it initializes, but it doesn't. Anyone have any ideas?

I spoke to Bob Lorincz by email and you couldn't ask for a more professional and helpful guy. Apparently I discarded my instructions with the envelope. Mr. Lorincz emailed me more and that resolved my problem except I feel somewhat like a dumb *** now! I guess if the shoe fits?

Anyone else getting a Unsupported Link when you click on a text message and google maps opens?

I'm using a iPhone 6 Plus

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGii6CKJrHg[/youtube]

I have ordered this product and then tried to communicate with Drone- Mods.com via email and phone and can get no reply as to when it will be shipped. I will cancel my PayPal payment for this because if their communication is any indication of their product, I am not impressed. Buyer beware.

Can anyone provide a little additional information regarding charging. When the unit is completely off and it is plugged in, Unit has a blinking red light followed by the green blinking light. Ratio is about 2 red flashes to 1 green flash. After it is plugged in, I receive an email stating that the unit has been "Initialized". Is this standard operating mode?
Thanks for the help in advance.

Really. You have spoken to Bob Lorincz and he is professional? The guy is a jerk and I wouldn't use his products if you gave them to me. He called me an idiot because I filed a complaint on PayPal because he would not answer the phone or answer my emails as to when my order whould be shipped. Buyer beware, customer service sucks.

Really. You have spoken to Bob Lorincz and he is professional? The guy is a jerk and I wouldn't use his products if you gave them to me. He called me an idiot because I filed a complaint on PayPal because he would not answer the phone or answer my emails as to when my order whould be shipped. Buyer beware, customer service sucks.

I had a very bad experience with Mr.Lorincz regarding the locater and he resorted to name calling in my instance also. In my case, I really liked the equipment but, unfortunately, I received one that was defective; I couldn't get any help from him so I finally ended up calling GTX corporation and talked to one of their engineers who told me that if the thing was acting as I said, then in fact it was defective. After several email exchanges, one in which he also called me an idiot who didn't know how to turn the thing on, I finally had to file a paypal complaint to get a refund. I think the locater, when it is working properly, is a very good piece of gear but Mr. Lorincz' customer service skills leave a lot to be desired .

I am sorry other people may have had problems, but I wanted to say i just received my UAV locator from Drone Mods and have received nothing but timely and professional help from Bob Lorincz at the company. One of the questions was the result of my not reading the directions closely enough. He was not at all rude. I am not affiliated with the company in any way, just a satisfied customer.

Zip-tied to camera guard.. :lol:

RO37wNW.jpg

So far.. it's working out aerodynamically and doesn't seem to affect the compass (I rang the tracker while the assistant software is on and the MOD value didn't freak out at all). :?
That does not look so secure. I would like to do that on one of the landing gear legs but I wonder if that will impact flight stability when it lands.

Call drone mods and tell them, did you change your email address ? Check your spam.

I get both emails and text

Thank you so much. The emails were going to my spam filter all fixed now. Only remaining this is how to mount it to the Phantom 3. Still want to secure it to one of the legs on the landing gear but I am afraid that is will unbalance the bird.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4