Drone Mods UAV Locator - GPS Tracker

Shoot, if worse comes to worse you can pay for it's annual fee by renting it for a week or two a year to jealous husbands or wives. !!

RIDETOEAT said:
Shoot, if worse comes to worse you can pay for it's annual fee by renting it for a week or two a year to jealous husbands or wives. !!

:D

Seriously these UAV locators prevent flyaways. Haven't had a flyaway since I installed one on my bird.

I just ordered one for my Phantom. I had a close call a couple days ago and I am almost afraid to fly it again until I have some way of tracking it. Plus, my wife and I like to take my Jeep into the mountains. We sometimes get pretty far into the woods and I always wonder what happens if we break down. This will give me a little more peace of mind . Hope I never need it. :shock:

Mine ranges from dead on to about 60 feet other than one time i pinged it sitting in a parking lot and it give me that 220' off deal. That was kinda strange since sitting in that same parking spot it was dead on 45 minutes earlier.

FDNYFISH: You have had one of these the longest here on this thread, Do you or any of the others Drone mods users get daily messages from your tracker saying it is initialized as if being turned on after being off ?? I am and don't know why.

Doug Doty...

I use to get emails telling me I powered on and powered off as well as when I called it. I don't get those anymore. Not that big a deal. It always works when I call it. Now if I want the data in an email also to view maps on a computer, I just forward the phone text to my email.

I can't turn mine off at all...

I follow the directions, and it just keeps turning of, and right back on.

I get an email notification that the unit turned off, followed by a notification that it initialized.

It is very irritating...

Mark

hold the side button in for a few seconds. If the unit is on, it will blink 3 times RED then let go and it will power off. Likewise if it is off, hold the side button until the light flashes 3 times green then let go and it will power on

I bought one after seeing the videos, and your reviews. thank you!

But since I received it a few days ago, I haven't been able to get the text, or the email, by calling the device. I do get the voice message you describe so it is the right number.

I also get the email when I activate it, and whenever I push the button on the front, and when I power it down. GPS Location is accurate....and I'm dying to fly with it....

But calling it doesn't do anything. I have called dozens of times, from different phones, different carriers, etc.

No text message comes.

i emailed drone mods and they told me to read the instructions and it was working when he set it up. That was a disappointing reply. I will try again Monday...it is Christmas...maybe he wanted a break. :D

Thanks. I did the start up sequence and I get the green blinking lights....and it mails me to tell me its been activated.

Everything works except responding to a call. No text. No mail.

I sent a new email, and asked if drone mod could test the unit by callng it themselves. if they get the text, I will be stunned and amazed. If they don't, maybe it needs reconfigured? I hope it's something easy. I'm ready to fly.

That's $129 plus tax plus the cost of the service @ $5/month, so your total will be about $200 for the tracker and a year of service.
The instructions that come with the tracker apologizes for how hard it is to turn on and turn off and recommends you press the on/off button with your fingernail and hold it for a count of three. Works for me, and I've gotten the text message with location Lat/Long coordinates and Google map location no problem - BUT only when the tracker can pick up sufficient GPS satellites to report its location. In one of my location tests, I placed the tracker down low on the ground and didn't get a location even after several tries. As soon as I put it up on a bench maybe 2' off the ground where it could see more satellites, I got a text and GPS map within one minute of calling the tracker's phone number.

Drone Mods had me call GTX Corp that makes the device. Turns out they had the wrong phone number on my instructions. It works perfectly now. 8?)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20