Drone misses Heathrow passenger jet 'by six meters' - some idiots need locking up

How many of these are staged by drone haters to damage the industry. How many were not drones but birds instead, how many were fabricated, and how many were actual idiots with drones. ?

Reactions: Jussaguy
How many of these are staged by drone haters to damage the industry. How many were not drones but birds instead, how many were fabricated, and how many were actual idiots with drones. ?

Well that's the problem, drone haters or not it will damage the industry, maybe a bit extreme for a drone hater to purchase one and get so close to a passenger jet, I think Dji are on the right track with there geo fence software.

Maybe you are viewing these as decent drone owners doing idiotic things.

I'm beginning to come around to bad people whose execution of plan was off and therefore unsuccessful.

The reality is: If authorities felt things like drones, or even texting while driving, was a big enough problem, they could stop them from flying, or stop someone from texting when ever they wanted to.
The technology is out there to prevent texting while driving. Same for drones flying where they shouldn't.
The key is who pays for the technology to be installed and managed.
This technology of course would likely not apply to the exceptions. Exceptions being home made units and such.
This technology would apply to almost all the units I've seen in the media though.
I truly believe all the growing pains we see with this hobby will all be a thing of the past in the near future.

Never underestimate the idiots; I'm sure there are more idiots than fabricators. They do more damage to the industry/hobby than the drone haters.

Reactions: Grae
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456529940.164306.jpg

Spotting a drone 20ft away while doing 180MPH? Sure! I see nothing hard about that.

These Airbus pilots are so bored they're seeing things.

Reactions: Tommymonkey
Anyone notice how the number of "drone near misses" in the US seems to have dropped off since the registration?
At the rate they were ramping up BEFORE the registration I was sure by now all US civilian aircraft would have to be grounded due to no space in the skies for airlines due to it raining drones. Seems we had a near miss almost daily.

People suddenly smarter (not)...... or....false flag "mission accomplished" ?
Since bad people seldom obey the law....I seriously doubt the mysterious sudden drop in near misses had anything to do with drones being registered.

What does that leave?

Drones are like Bigfoot, they are being seen everywhere, all the time.

They should have to register too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues