Drone may have been involved in suspicious death of police horse

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Another example of why you should never fly around people OR animals. It is not confirmed but it appears a drone spooked a horse that fatal injured itself when it was spooked.

"Police are appealing for the owner of an unmanned drone involved in an incident with one of the force's horses to come forward"
Drone may have been involved in suspicious death of police horse

I didn't see any mention of any video that was found on the drone. If there was any, maybe that would be the best way to decide what actually happened. For all we know, the drone could have been more than a mile away and had a flyaway and ended up there by mistake.

I didn't see any mention of any video that was found on the drone. If there was any, maybe that would be the best way to decide what actually happened. For all we know, the drone could have been more than a mile away and had a flyaway and ended up there by mistake.
True, and the article says they don't really know if it was involved or not. Thats why they are asking the operator to come forward. I wonder if that one has flight logs recorded onboard. I assume they could tell by the telemetry if it had it.

I think they are just looking for a fall guy I seen no "drone" in the vid ? The horse was use to a helicopter so I don't get it I could see if it was getting buzzed maybe . The other horse did not move I say go look in that wood line for tracks . I know horses can spook if a twig snaps . Oh well if they find the so called "drone" he will hang .

I think they are just looking for a fall guy I seen no "drone" in the vid ? The horse was use to a helicopter so I don't get it I could see if it was getting buzzed maybe . The other horse did not move I say go look in that wood line for tracks . I know horses can spook if a twig snaps . Oh well if they find the so called "drone" he will hang .
They do have the drone, just no operator. A 'Walkera Runner 250' it said. Looks like one of those racing drones?

81726430_Undated_h_3496965b.jpg

They do have the drone, just no operator. A 'Walkera Runner 250' it said. Looks like one of those racing drones?

81726430_Undated_h_3496965b.jpg
I missed they found the UAV ok so that probably is the culprit my bad :(
I hope it was a accident and the operator was not being a moron

Reactions: LuvMyTJ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan