Drone magazines

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone here subscribes to or reads any of the drone magazines that are out there? I know there are several and I've checked some of them out (Rotor Drone and Drone 360 seem solid). Was wondering if others had thoughts on them.

I have a list of some other drone magazines here.

Reactions: BigAl07
I have subscribed to Rotor Drone Magazine, but before you do, let me tell you about my experiences with them....

I subscribed November 2015 to a two year subscription. It is supposed to include digital access which they are supposed to email you. This company has an extremely poor track record with emailing data to you, as I will show.

I sent an email stating non receipt of the electronic login information they advertise on their website when you subscribe. I get a terse reply back the subscription would be started. It did, but only the printed version.

Their magazines are fairly decent, but be aware it is a two month issue, meaning a one year subscription will get you six issues. Last issue there was an advertisement for a Drone School digital document. It was listed for $9.99 from Air Age. It looked good so on July 7, I placed an order and used PayPal to complete the financial purchase. PayPal sent me a receipt immediately and the funds were paid immediately. Pay attention here, it gets interesting.

Since it was Friday, I never received a link to my digital purchase. I waited until the following Monday and sent an email via their online contact requesting they fulfill the order they had been paid for. Nothing. No response. After no response for a few more days, I filed a dispute with PayPal on July 13 stating non-receipt of the product. I was given the opportunity, at that time, to send an email, through PayPal to the seller. I did. No response.

On the 18th, 11 days after the initial purchase and still NO response from Air Age, I escalated my claim at PayPal. Interestingly enough, on the PayPal site, it says they could not find in my favor, BUT in the email I received dated July 29, it stated (from PayPal), "We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.

We were able to recover the $9.99 USD and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted."

Multiple attempts to reach them and they NEVER responded nor reached out to me to attempt to resolve this. All it would have taken is an email with a link to the digital product I had purchased.

Today, (you thought it was over, didn't you?) Today, I get home from work and waiting in my mail box is a post card from Air Age. (By the way, Air Age appears to be the parent company for Rotor Drone Magazine as the website for the magazine is owned by Air Age.)

It is dated July 31 and states: "Thank you for your recent order.

We were unable to make a payment with the credit card information you provided and to avoid any delays we billed you for your order.

You will receive an invoice in the mail shortly.

Thank you for your interest in Rotor Drone.

WHAT!?!?!?! They had multiple emails from me, my mailing address, and they waited until 2-3 days AFTER PayPal retrieved my payment from them (payment refunded 22 days after purchase) to say they couldn't charge me? WTH? I am exploring my options on this malicious lie at this time. This card was sent, an outright lie, as they had received payment, in FULL VIEW OF EVERYONE in my small community who handled that card to see a comment my credit card could not be charged for a payment.

BEWARE!

I have drafted a response along with several enclosures that will be posted to the address on the card they sent me.

It has been almost two years since I subscribed. I NEVER received the login information for the digital version of the magazine.

The magazine has several good articles, but beware if you attempt purchased from Air Age and be watchful if you subscribe to ensure you receive the full product. I will have the subscription run out after the next issue and I will not be renewing.

BEWARE!

I've learned my lesson about subscribing to magazines... because everything is on the internet! There is something to be said about physically holding a magazine though and flipping through the pages.

I've learned my lesson about subscribing to magazines... because everything is on the internet! There is something to be said about physically holding a magazine though and flipping through the pages.

You get a nice physical magazine, or did. Maybe new subscriptions don't? But the company is horrid to deal with, including purchasing the products they sell that they advertise in their own magazine. Then to be so malicious as to send that post card! Registered, return receipt letter going out to their legal department today!

I havent subscribed to a paper-based magazine since the late 90's. I am a forward-thinking person --- an "early adopter" as they call it. My fav magazine in the 90s was "PC Magazine" because it kept me up to date with all the latest and greatest in PC tech that I could buy to build my dream machine. Around 1998 they debuted a "digital magazine" that was basically the entire monthly paper magazine on CD-ROM. It did cool stuff like show an animation of a page turning whenever I wanted to see the next page. It also allowed search functions and audio and video, whereas a magazine could not do that. I immediately realized this was the future of ALL magazines and paper-based magazines would soon perish.

As it turns out, I was right. Anyone who subscribes to a paper-based magazine is wasting money. "It's all on the Internet" --- as they say.

I will subscribe to something cool and then end up with 12 magazines that I didn't open once. Thrasher Magazine was the last one...

I have gone through every magazine I received from my subscription. The digital version you had to have login for, which I never received. Not always where there is connectivity to view online documents.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20