Drone Lights

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any drone lights to put on p4p preferably some that you can operate on\off via transmitter? If not then what kind of other lights on the market would you recommend that's not to heavy that would drain battery life faster

You can get the LumiCube lights but they are a little heavy. They can be turned off/on remotely by a bluetooth app.
They have 10 brightness levels to select from and 100% waterproof. Self contained rechargeable battery.
Amazon.com : Lume Cube 1500 Lumen Light, 6000K Color Temperature, Waterproof to 100', Gunmetal Gray, 2-Pack : Camera & Photo

They also make a custom mount that will work on P4 and P4P:
Amazon.com: Lume Cube Drone Mounts for DJI Phantom 4 (White): Camera & Photo

I contacted the manufacturer directly to ask about mount cracking issues and they said they are making them out of a thicker more durable material now and if you lost a Lume Cube due to a mount failure they would replace the Lume Cube and the mount.

Here's one that is very very bright and lightweight. But it's pricey. I think it's 350 bucks. You have to kind of rig a mount on the P4 or P4 Pro. But it's a lot brighter than Lume Cubes and much lighter. Great for light painting a subject I am told by a friend. Here is the link Fiilex AL250

Weight of 110.6 grams per Lume Cube, x 2 =221.2g for the two Lume cubes.
Lume Cube 1500 Lumen Light features a 6000K color temperature, and the unit's output is dimmable from 0 to 1500 Lumens. The light is suitable for use as either a video light or a still photo strobe. It incorporates a rechargeable battery that lasts 20 minutes at full brightness and two hours plus at 50% brightness.
The Lume Cube is controlled either manually or via Bluetooth using optional iOS or Android apps. The Bluetooth connectivity allows you to simultaneously control up to five Lume Cube fixtures at the same time.
$149 for the two pack and $39 for the P4 mounts for the Lume Cubes.

Your Fiilex AL250 weighs 270g (50g heavier than two Lume Cubes) and has a run time of 25 minutes but does look brighter in their spec sheet and pics on the website.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Weight of 110.6 grams per Lume Cube, x 2 =221.2g for the two Lume cubes.
Lume Cube 1500 Lumen Light features a 6000K color temperature, and the unit's output is dimmable from 0 to 1500 Lumens. The light is suitable for use as either a video light or a still photo strobe. It incorporates a rechargeable battery that lasts 20 minutes at full brightness and two hours plus at 50% brightness.
The Lume Cube is controlled either manually or via Bluetooth using optional iOS or Android apps. The Bluetooth connectivity allows you to simultaneously control up to five Lume Cube fixtures at the same time.
$149 for the two pack and $39 for the P4 mounts for the Lume Cubes.

Your Fiilex AL250 weighs 270g (50g heavier than two Lume Cubes) and has a run time of 25 minutes but does look brighter in their spec sheet and pics on the website.
Wow! Dont guess I looked at the weight that close on the Fiilex. It's twice the money too. But the brighter might win out when I go for it. Do you find that the Lume Cubes are a little bluish?

Maybe slightly bluish but I mainly use them for navigation purposes and not always to illuminate scenes I want to video or take still pics of. 50% is plenty bright enough for me and I either aim them forward to see the quad's orientation from a distance or aim them straight down to illuminate right below the quad to take a night pic or see what's around. Sometimes I kick them up to 100% and they are very bright. I made custom mounts to fit on my other 2 quad also (Yuneec Q500+ and Yuneec 4K) on the upper part of the landing gear.
Just wish they were a little lighter. One cool thing with them is they are good down to 100 feet waterproof so I can put on my Nikon and light it up under water while snorkeling or diving. They make that duel cube mount for the GoPro that looks good too.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Maybe slightly bluish but I mainly use them for navigation purposes and not always to illuminate scenes I want to video or take still pics of. 50% is plenty bright enough for me and I either aim them forward to see the quad's orientation from a distance or aim them straight down to illuminate right below the quad to take a night pic or see what's around. Sometimes I kick them up to 100% and they are very bright. I made custom mounts to fit on my other 2 quad also (Yuneec Q500+ and Yuneec 4K) on the upper part of the landing gear.
Just wish they were a little lighter. One cool thing with them is they are good down to 100 feet waterproof so I can put on my Nikon and light it up under water while snorkeling or diving. They make that duel cube mount for the GoPro that looks good too.
Wow! That is way cool man on using it to light up the water! Love to see some of that! Appreciate the info too David!

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
For the Yuneec quads I started out with small but bright USB rechargeable Nitecore lights on the bottom of landing gear. They are 100% waterproof key chains but have a HI/LO brightness setting and recharge w/micro USB cable. You can use double sided tape or velcro since they are so light. Very bright though. Very inexpensive. They would be good for navigation on the P4P+ since they are so lightweight.
You can find them on Banggood.com, Newfrog, Amazon and eBay: Nitecore Tube 45 Lumens USB Rechargeable Mini Keychain LED Flashlight - Black | eBay
20160318_192300 (Large).JPG
20160320_103027 (Large).JPG
20160320_103041 (Large).JPG
20160320_103434 (Large).JPG
20160320_103732 (Large).JPG
20160320_103732.JPG
20160320_103747.JPG
20160320_104146 (Large).JPG
20160320_104353.JPG

Brightness is good as I'm just looking to use them for navigation purpose so i think i may give the lumecubes a try plus i like the app feature that i didn't know they had so that i can operate lights while bird is in flight. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Brightness is good as I'm just looking to use them for navigation purpose so i think i may give the lumecubes a try plus i like the app feature that i didn't know they had so that i can operate lights while bird is in flight. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Cool thing is also they come in black, gunmetal grey, blue and red.
I'm sure if you contact them directly they can hook you up with the 2 cube pack color of your choice and the P4 mounts. I think the mounts come in blue, black and white.
I think you'll really like them. When not using on the quad you could use for a digital SLR camera w/the hot shoe adapter or attach to waterproof camera/GoPro, etc.. and use underwater-- or lighting around the house that you could use the app to control them when walking into a dark room....
:)

Yes you are correct with that being said my interest in them have peaked even more bc i didnt know you can get them n diff colors i thk the red would match my p4p perfect. Do they have mounts to fit the p4p or will the p4 mounts work for the p4p also?

Yes you are correct with that being said my interest in them have peaked even more bc i didnt know you can get them n diff colors i thk the red would match my p4p perfect. Do they have mounts to fit the p4p or will the p4 mounts work for the p4p also?

They guys at Lume Cube said the P4 mounts would work on the P4P but I'd call and/or email just to verify again.
You can also get different color screws that cover the watertight battery charging connector.

Thanks... yea thats my next move to paint the props. Okay i definitely didnt know all the mods diff color screws & cubes etc. Im anxious to order right now but gotta do my leg work & find exactly what i want/need

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl